STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO POA-LMP73 LAMP REPLACEMENT
The lamp in your Sanyo PLV-WF10 has anywhere from 1,000 to 3,000 hours of life, depending on how much the projector is used and proper maintenance. When the Sanyo POA-LMP73 (service parts no 610-309-38023) is nearing its end of life, the Lamp Replace Indicator will start blinking yellow. Replace the lamp immediately by following the 6 easy steps listed below.
BEFORE INSTALLATION OF THE SANYO POA-LMP73 PROJECTOR LAMP
1. Check the number of lamps to be replaced on the Lamp Status Display displayed on the screen.
2. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
3. Allow the Sanyo PLV-WF10 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures. Without letting the projector cool properly there is burn danger.
Looking for a less expensive option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP73 (service parts no 610-309-38023) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
REPLACING THE SANYO POA-LMP73 LAMP ASSEMBLY
1. At the back of the Sanyo PLV-WF10 projector you’ll find the Lamp Cover. Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the three screws that hold the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of each of the Sanyo POA-LMP73 (service parts no 610-309-38023) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently pull out each lamp. Place those lamps to one side.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP73 (610-309-38023) lamp cage by the handle and gently manuever it into place.
4. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. It should slide it easily – don’t force it.
5. Tighten the screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP73 (61030938023) Lamp Assembly.
6. Replace and tighten the three screws on either side of Lamp Cover. Let the projector stand for five minutes so the lamp can stabilize. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLV-WF10 projector.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP73 (service parts no 610-309-38023) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
RESETTING THE SANYO PLV-WF10 LAMP REPLACEMENT COUNTER
Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP73 (service parts no 610-309-38023) lamp has been replaced. Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo PLV-WF10 projector on.
- Press the Menu option so the On-Screen Menu will appear.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Move arrow to replace lamp number (Lamp 1 or Lamp 2) and then press Select button. The message “Lamp replace counter Reset?” will be displayed.
- Move the pointer to YES and then press Select button.
- Be sure to reset the correct lamp number otherwise Lamp Replace indicator continues lighting.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
- Do not reset Lamp Replace Counter except after the Projection Lamp has been replaced.
- NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
- Choose one of the two Lamp Modes by pressing POINT LEFT/RIGHT buttons. When you switch the Lamp Mode from using 2 lamps mode to using 1 lamp mode the image becomes a little darker. When you switch from using 1 lamp mode to using 2 lamps mode, the image becomes a little brighter gradually.
EXTEND THE LIFE OF SANYO POA-LMP73
Make your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP73 (service parts no 610-309-38023) last longer:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLV-WF10 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Clean the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP73 by preventing the Sanyo PLV-WF10 from overheating.