When it’s time to change your lamp on your Sanyo PLC-XE45 projector, you’ll notice the yellow light blinking on the lamp indicator.
Be sure to use buy an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP106 (service part no 610 332 3855) projector lamp bought from a verified source. These genuine lamps have manufactured to meet the specifications of the PLC-XE45 projector. Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper POALMP106 as these are often counterfeit models that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XE45 projector.
Looking for a less expensive option? Are you technically saavy? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the POA-LMP90 (service parts no 610 323 0726) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLC-XE45 LAMP REPLACEMENT
1. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
2. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XE45 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP106 (6103323855) Lamp Assembly
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. Underneath the PLC-XE45 projector you’ll find the Lamp Hazard cover. Gently turn it upside down protecting the top of the project.Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of each the Sanyo POA-LMP106 (service part no 610 332 3855) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently the lamp. Place to one side.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP106 (610 332 3855) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
4. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
5. Replace the Lamp Hazard Cover and tighten screws.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLCXE45 projector.
Reset Sanyo PLC-XE45 Lamp Replacement Counter
Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP106 (610 332 3855) lamp has been replaced.
Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XE45 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
- Do not reset Lamp Replace Counter except after the Projection Lamp has been replaced.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops blinking.
Prolong the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP106 (610 332 3855) by regularly cleaning of the air filter on the Sanyo PLC-XE45 projector.