Your Sanyo PLC-UF15 projector is equipped with four Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610 300 0862) projector lamps.
In order to determine which of the four Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610 300 0862) projector lamps needs to be replaced, you’ll need to consult the Lamp Status Display on the Sanyo PLC-UF15 projector screen.
Buy an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610 300 0862) projector lamp and make life easier. Generic lamps look like a great bargain but these knock-off lamps are created with inferior materials making them susceptible to explosions when installed. They also have a shorter life span and can damage the precise components in your Sanyo PLC-UF15 projector. Learn more about spotting dangerous projector lamps by reading our article: 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
LAMP STATUS DISPLAY SETTINGS
The Lamp Status Display shows the status of each Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610 300 0862) lamp:
Yellow Lamp: projector lamp is lighting normally.
Dim Lamp: projector lamp is off
Red Lamp: projector is nearing end of life and should be replaced.
X Mark on Lamp: the lamp is not functioning and needs to be replaced immediately.
LAMP MANAGEMENT FUNCTION
The Lamp Management Function automatically changes the combinations of lighting lamps by detecting which Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610 300 0862) lamps are still working.
When any of the four Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610 300 0862) lamps goes out, Lamp Mode will automatically switch from using four Sanyo POA-LMP49 (61030 0862) lamps to using two lamps.
When any of the two Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610 300 0862) lamps are out, the projector will operate using only one lamp.
INSTALLING THE NEW SANYO POA-LMP49 (610-300-0862) LAMP
NOTE: Make sure of the number of lamps that need to be replaced by referring to the Lamp Status Display and the Lamp Management Function.
- Remove the two screws on the Sanyo PLC-UF15 Lamp Cover located on the top of the projector and press the top button to open the Lamp Cover.
- Choose which lamp needs to be replaced. BE SURE TO PICK THE CORRECT LAMP THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.
- Loosen the two screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610 300 0862) lamp in place.
- Grab the handle and gently pull out the defective lamp. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used Sanyo POA-LMP49 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610 300 0862) lamp by the handle and gently guide it into place.
- Tighten the two screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP49 lamp assembly in place.
- Replace the Sanyo PLC-UF15 Lamp Cover and tighten the two screws to put the lamp cover back in place.
- Reset the Lamp Counter following the instructions below.
LAMP COUNTER RESET FOR SANYO PLC-UF15
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-UF15 projector on.
- Press the MENU buttons to open the ON-SCREEN MENU.
- Press POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to get the red frame pointer to move to the SETTING menu icon.
- Press POINT DOWN button to Lamp counter reset. Press SELECT.
- Move the arrow to the replaced lamp number (Lamp 1, Lamp 2, Lamp 3 or Lamp 4).
- Press SELECT. BE SURE TO RESET THE CORRECT LAMPS.
- The message “Lamp replace counter Reset?” will be displayed with YES or NO underneath.
- Move the pointer to YES. Press the SELECT button.
- Move to the second confirmation box and select YES.
NOTE: BE SURE TO RESET THE CORRECT LAMP otherwise the lamp replace indicator will continue lighting YELLOW.
RESETTING THE SANYO POA-LMP49 (610-300-0862) LAMP MODE
You can set the lamp mode to use either four lamps or two lamps. Using 2 lamps will prolong the life of the projector lamps.
To change the lamp mode:
Press MENU button so the ON-SCREEN Menu will appear.
Using the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button move to SETTING. Press SELECT button.
A second dialog screen appears.
Press the POINT DOWN button to move to LAMP MODE.
4 lamps mode using all lamps. Picture will become brighter.
2 lamps mode using only 2 lamps. Picture will become darker
NOTE: You must wait 90 seconds after changing the Lamp Mode before changing it again.
Tips to make your Sanyo POA-LMP49 lamps last longer
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610-300-0862) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-UF15 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP49 (service parts no 610-300-0862) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-UF15 projector from overheating.