Depending on usage and the regular maintenance done on your projector, your Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) lamp should last between 1,000 to 3,000 hours before end of life. When it`s tijme tp change the projector lamp on your Sanyo PLC-XU36 the Lamp Replacement Indicator will start flashing yellow. Replace the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) immediately.
Simplify your life and buy an authentic projector lamps. It’s worth paying the few extra dollars to be guaranteed a projector lamp that will work and will keep your warranty intact. Cheaper counterfeit model can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your projector and are prone to explosions. When you purchase an authentic projector lamp, you’re guaranteed a lamp that has been manufactured with high quality parts and one that won’t damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-SU36 projector.
Six Steps to replace the Sanyo POA-LMP53 lamp
Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. These machines operate under high temperatures and there is a BURN DANGER unless you allow it TO COOL
1. The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-SU36 lamp is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn the projector over. Locate the screw holding the lamp cover in place, found on the right side of the projector, alongside the ventilation holes.
2. Remove the three screws holding the light in place Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826 lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
4. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
5. Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the projector will not turn on.
6. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SU36 lamp projector. If the lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the lamp hour using the Setting menu.
Your Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826 old lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
Resetting PLC-SU36 Lamp Replacement Counter
CAUTION: Don’t operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accident. Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826 has been replaced.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-SU36 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to Setting Menu icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter is reset, the LampReplacement Indicator will stop blinking.
Extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SU36 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SU36 projector from overheating.