The lifespan of your Sanyo POA-LMP63 (service parts no 610 304 5214) lamp will vary depending on how much the projector is used and if the filters are cleaned regularly.
If your projector Sanyo PLC-XU45 lamp no longer turns on, it needs to be replaced. If the picture is dim or looks unnatural the Sanyo POA-LMP63 is reaching its end of life. If the Replace Lamp Indicator light on the front panel is blinking orange, you must replace the Sanyo POA-LMP63 (service parts no 610 304 5214) immediately.
Follow our simple step-by-step instructions to replace your lamp in the Sanyo PLC-XU45 projector.
Only genuine Sanyo POA-LMP63 (service parts number 610 304 5214) lamps should be used in order to keep your projector is good working order. Any authentic lamp you buy has been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Sanyo PLC-XU45 projector.
While knock-off lamps may seem like a bargain due to their low prices, these counterfeit lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XU45. Your guarantee on your Sanyo PLC-XU45 projector may also become void if you replace the original with a counterfeit projector lamp.
HOW TO REPLACE THE SANYO PLC-XU45 LAMP
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. Underneath the Sanyo PLC-XU45 projector you’ll find the Lamp Hazard cover. Gently turn it upside down protecting the top of the project.Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the three screws on on the Sanyo POA-LMP63 (610 304 5214) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently the lamp. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP63 (service parts no 610 304 5214) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
4. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten the three screws on the Lamp Assembly.
5. Replace the Lamp Hazard Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU45 projector.
Resetting the Lamp Replace counter on the Sanyo PLC-XU45 Projector
Reset the Lamp Replace Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP63 (service parts no 610 304 5214) lamp has been replaced.
Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Make sure the Sanyo PLC-XU45 projector is turned on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
Tips to extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP63 (service parts no 610 304 5214) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XU45 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP63 (service parts no 610 304 5214) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XU45 projector from overheating.