STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO PLC-XU51 LAMP REPLACEMENT
When it’s time to change your projector lamp on either your Sanyo PLC-XU51 projector, you’ll notice a yellow light blinking on the Top Control panel. This is the lamp replacement indicator letting you know it;s to replace your Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) projector lamp.
It’s important the buy only a genuine POA-LMP55 to replace the old lamp. The price of counterfeit knock-off lamps may be tempting but can cost you more money in the long run. Counterfeit lamps are not manufactured according to Sanyo’s specifications and can damage the sensitive (and expensive) mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XU51 projector.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP107 (610 330 4564) lamp
Before installation of the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XW50/PLC-XW55 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. Underneath the Sanyo PLC-XU51 projector you’ll find the Lamp Hazard cover. Gently turn it upside down protecting the top of the projector. Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of each the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently pull out the lamp. Place to one side.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP55 (610-309-2706) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
4. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
5. Replace the Lamp Hazard Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU51 projector.
Resetting the Lamp Replacement counter on the Sanyo PLC-XU51
Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamps has been replaced.
Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XU51 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
3 tips for extending the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP55 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XU51 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XU51 projector from overheating.