Your Sanyo PLC-XU58 projector has a Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) projector lamp that provides the necessary light to transfer the images from the projector to the screen. Your projector can’t work without this lamp so it’s important to know when to replace the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp. There are three indications that the lamp is approaching it’s end of life:
1. The Lamp Replace Indicator located on the top panel begins flashing yellow.
2. The picture begins to dim.
3. The color quality is off and produces strange colors.
Replace the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) immediately if you notice any of these tell tale signs.
Protect your projector with originals
Only genuine Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamps should be used in order to keep your projector is good working order. The authentic POA-LMP55 has been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Sanyo PLC-XU58 projector.
Knock-off lamps may seem like a bargain due to their low prices but these counterfeit lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanismsin your Sanyo XU75/PLC-XU78 projector. They are also prone to explosions and actually have a much shorter working life that authentic lamps due to the inferior materials used during their production. Installing a knock-off lamp will also void the guarantee on your Sanyo PLC- XU58 leaving you unprotected should anything happen after installation. Avoid hassles and buy an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) projector lamp.
Before installation of the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp be sure to turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. The Sanyo PLC-XU58 projector should be cool to the touch before you replace the projector lamp. It usually takes one hour for the projector to fully cool since these projectors operate under high temperatures.
Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Installing the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (610 309 2706) lamp
1. The Lamp Cover is located underneath the Sanyo PLC-XU58 projector. Gently turn the projector upside down, protecting the top of the projector. Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of each the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently pull out the lamp. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP55 (610-309-2706) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place. Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb when it starts heating up.
4. Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
5. Replace the Lamp Hazard Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU58 projector to reset the Lamp Replace Counter.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
Resetting the Lamp Replace Counter
NOTE: Reset the Lamp Replace Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) lamps has been replaced.
- Make sure the Sanyo PLC-XU58 projector on.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU. Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear).
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
3 tips for extending the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP55 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XU58 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP55 (service part no 610 309 2706) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XU58 projector from overheating.
- Use the lower brightness option since this reduces the lamp power consumption and extends the lamp life.