The projector lamp for the ASK Impression A9 projector lamp will run for approximately 500 hours before needing to be replaced.
When the lamp is approaching end of life the Lamp Replacement Indicator will light up red.
To track the hours left in the ASK Impression A9 projector lamp go to the Main Menu and search under HELP, ABOUT.
Buying the right lamp
The correct lamp to use is the ASK LAMP-001. Be sure to install a genuine ASK LAMP-001 and avoid generic knock-off lamps. Even though they appear to be a bargain, these so-called “compatible” can end up costing more in the long run. These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using the carcinogenic substance Krypton-85.
Using a counterfeit generic lamp can damage the sensitive components since these knock-off lamps have not been created with the correct components and can cause malfunction. The light provided by these lamps is also substandard with poor illumination.
Installing a generic lamp will also void any warranty for your ASK Impression A9 projector. Go with an authentic ASK LAMP-001 OEM lamp sold by a dependable seller. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Replacing the ASK LAMP-001 lamp
Replace the ASK LAMP-001 immediately when the lamp replacement indicator blinks red.
1. Allow the ASK Impression A9 projector to cool down before replacing the ASK LAMP-001
2. Disconnect the power cord before opening the ASK Impression A9 lamp lid, found on the bottom of. the Impression A10 projector.
3. Unscrew the lamp lid. Once the lid has been opened, a safety switch will cut off the power supply to the ASK LAMP-001 lamp completely.
4. Unscrew the lamp holder.
5. Unfold the handles on the AASK LAMP-001 lamp.
6. Pull out the old ASK LAMP-001 lamp cage.
7. Gently insert the new ASK LAMP-001 lamp all the way into the projector until it clicks into place.
8. Tighten the screw on the new ASK LAMP-001 lamp.
9. Fold the handle on the new lamp.
10. Place the lid back on and tighten the screw holding it in place.
You’re ready to reset the lamp timer on the ASK Impression A9.
NOTE: Be sure to dispose of the used ASK LAMP-001 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury and must be recycled properly.
Resetting the lamp timer
You’ll need to reset the lamp timer on the ASK Impression A8 in order to ensure the correct time is displayed.
Be sure to clean the air filters regularly to keep the projector from overheating and prolong the lamp life.
Looking for an even less expensive only try replacing the bare ASK LAMP-001 bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the lamp.
ASK LAMP-001 is also sold under the following parts: