This guide shows you how to replace the ASK Proxima C300HB projector lamp in 3 easy steps.
The ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 projector lamp life for the ASK Proxima C300HB is approximately 1,500 hours. The length may vary depending on usage and maintenance. When the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 lamp time reaches the 1,500 hour mark the Alarm LED on the projector will light red. Replace the lamp immediately.
Follow our 3-step guide for help in replacing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008
STEP 1: Finding the right projector lamp
There are so many choices on the Internet for a ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 projector lampthat finding the correct lamp can be overwhelming. Go with authentic OEM lamps and ignore the sites offering generic “compatible” projector lamps even though the prices seems to be a bargain.
This generic lamps are made with counterfeit materials and are prone to explosions, offer poor picture quality and actually have a shorter lamp life than authentic projector lamps. Installing generic lamps into your ASK Proxima C300HB projector will void the warranty leaving you unprotected should any of the sensitive components inside be damaged due to the inferior workings of these lamps. More importantly, these “compatible” lamps are often made with toxic materials such as the carcinogenic Krypton-85.
Protect your investment and your health. Reduce hassles and problems. Buy an authentic ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 projector lamp.
STEP 2: Installing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 projector lamp
1. The lamp cover will be found at the back of the ASK Proxima C300HB projector. Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 projector lamp cover in place. Remove and place to one side.
2. Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 projector Lamp Assembly in place.
3. Grab onto the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 projector lamp handle and pull the lamp from the projector. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury.
The ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4. Place the new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 projector lamp into the socket being careful not to touch the bare lamp (this can form black spots on the bulb that will ruin the projected image).
5. Tighten the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-008 Lamp Assembly in place.
6. Put the ASK Proxima C300HB cover back in place and tighten the two screws.
7. Put the power cord back into the projector and turn it on. You are now ready to Reset the Lamp Replace Counter.
STEP 3: Resetting the projector lamp timer
It’s important to reset the projector lamp timer of the ASK Proxima C300HB in order to properly track lamp life. Failure to reset the timer may result in the projector not knowing when the lamp is finished and shutting down suddenly.
To reset the projector lamp timer:
- Open the MAIN menu.
- Scroll down to SETUP menu. Press SELECT button.
- Scroll down to SERVICE. Press SELECT button.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP TIMER. Press SELECT button.
- The LAMP CHANGE icon will appear on screen. Press SELECT to reset the timer.