The replacement guide for the ASK Proxima C410 projector lamp.
The projector lamp for the ASK Proxima C410 projector will run for approximately 2000 hours before needing to be replaced. You’ll see a Lamp Replacement message appear on screen and the ALARM indicator will light up red. Replace with an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp immediately.
Step 1: Finding the correct lamp
Go with an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-012 and avoid counterfeit generic lamps. You get what you pay for and the low prices of counterfeit lamps means you are getting a product created with inferior materials and poor workmanship. These so-called “compatible” lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic materials such as the carcinogenic substance Krypton-85. Keep your warranty while protecting both your health and the projector. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp so you can buy authentic.
STEP 2: Installing the projector lamp
1. Turn off the ASK Proxima C410 projector and unplug the power cable on the
2. Wait 60 minutes to allow the ASK Proxima C410 projector to cool thoroughly. These projectors operate at high heat and there is a risk of burning yourself seriously is you don’t wait until the projector has cooled.
3. The projector lamp cover is found on the bottom of the ASK Proxima C410 projector. Removing the two screws holding the projector lamp in place.
4 Slide the lamp door tabs out of the two tab bays.
5. Loosen the 3 screws on the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 projector lamp module.
6. Grasp the meal wire handle and pull the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 projector lamp out of the projector. Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamps. These lamps contain mercury so can’t be placed into regular garbage.
7. Put the new ASK Proxima LAMP-012 projector lamp into the ASK Proxima C410 projector. Make sure it has been fitted properly and tighten the two screes on the new lamp.
8. Replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 projector lamp door into the tab bays. Tighten the two screws.
9. Plug in the power cable and turn the ASK Proxima C410 projector back on.
10. Reset the Lamp Hour Timer.
STEP 3: Reset the Lamp Hour Timer
In order for the ASK Proxima C410 to properly track the projector lamp life for the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 properly, you need to reset the Lamp Hour timer every time your change the projector lamp.
- Scroll down to the SETTINGS menu. Press the SELECT button.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE option. Press SELECT button.
- Scroll down to LAMP RESET option. Press the SELECT button.
- The lamp hour will be reset back to zero.
Looking for an enviro-friendly option that is also less expensive? Consider just replacing the bulb instead of the whole lamp housing. For more info and a how-to video guide watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 bulb.
Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.