Follow our quick and easy step-by-step guide on replacing the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 for your ASK Proxima C420 projector.
When to replace ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp
When the lamp timer reaches 1800 hours, you’ll notice a “Replace Lamp” message on the projector screen. The LED light will also start blinking red. Replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 immediately — when the lamp reaches end of life, it will trigger an automatic shut down of the projector.
To check the number of hours left, consult the ABOUT option found on the MAIN menu.
Finding the correct ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp
Protect your investment and buy an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-012 projector lamp. Avoid the temptation to purchase a cheaper knockoff version as these lamps are counterfeit models created with less durable parts that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your ASK Proxima C420 projector.
Copy-cat maufacturers also don’t have the right materials and often resort to using toxic substitutes such as carcinogenic Krypton-85 (known to cause cancer in humans) to obtain the same results. Since these lamps are prone to explosions, you run the risk of being exposed to these poisonous materials. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy your authentic lamp from an authorized dealer selling the OEM ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp. You’ll be getting guarantee on the lamp, technological support but more importantly protecting your health and safety as well as the guarantee on your ASK Proxima C420 projector.
Installing the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp
1. Turn off the ASK Proxima C420 projector and unplug the power cble on the
2. Wait 60 minutes to allow the ASK Proxima C420 projector to cool thoroughly. These projectors operate at high heat and there is a risk of burning yourself seriously is you don’t wait until the projector has cooled.
3. The lamp cover is found on the bottom of the ASK Proxima C420 projector. Removing the two screws holding the lamp in place.
4. Slide the lamp door tabs out of the two tab bays.
5. Loosen the 3 screws on the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp module.
6. Grasp the meal wire handle and pull the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp out of the projector. Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamps. These lamps contain mercury so can’t be placed into regular garbage.
7. Put the new ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp into the ASK Proxima C420 projector. Make sure it has been fitted properly and tighten the two screes on the new lamp.
8. Replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 lamp door into the tab bays. Tighten the two screws.
9. Plug in the power cable and turn the ASK Proxima C410 projector back on.
10. Reset the Lamp Hour Timer.
STEP 3: Reset the Lamp Hour Timer
In order for the ASK Proxima C420 to properly track the lamp life for the ASK Proxima LAMP-012 properly, you need to reset the Lamp Hour timer every time your change the lamp.
- Scroll down to the SETTINGS menu. Press the SELECT button.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE option. Press SELECT button.
- Scroll down to LAMP RESET option. Press the SELECT button.
- The lamp hour will be reset back to zero.