You turn on your ASK Proxima DP-2000x projector and the LED light is blinking red. Shortly afterwards a “Change Lamp” message appears on screen. You should also check the ABOUT menu and see the lamp hours used is hitting close to 2000 hours–the maximum life span of your ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp. It’s time for a new lamp.
Follow our quick 3-step guide for installing a new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp in your ASK Proxima DP-2000x projector.
STEP 1: Buy the correct lamp
Finding the right lamp for your ASK Proxima DP-2000x projector can be a daunting. The market has been flooded with counterfeit lamps being advertised as “compatible.” They are tempting because of the cheaper price tag but they come with a hidden cost.
These lamps have been created with inferior and often toxic parts, such as the carcinogenic Krypton-85 (known to cause cancer in humans). Their poor workmanship means these generic lamps are also not going to work properly with the sophisticated components in your projector. You run the risk of damaging your projector which will no longer be under warranty once a generic lamp has been installed.
Buy your authentic lamp from an authorized dealer selling the OEM ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp. You’ll be getting guarantee on the lamp, technological support but more importantly protecting your health and safety.
STEP 2: Installing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp
1. Turn off the ASK Proxima DP-2000x projector and unplug the power cord. NEVER operate the projector with the lamp door removed and this will cause the projector to overheat and the lamp to break. Wait 60 minutes for the ASK Proxima DP-2000x projector to cool thoroughly. The projector operates at a high temperature and there is a danger of burning if the projector is not cool enough.
3. Loosen the three screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp in place.
4. Grab the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp by the two indents and carefully lift it out of the projector. Place it to one side.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamps. These lamps contain mercury so can’t be placed into regular garbage
5. Tighten the three screws on the newly installed ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007.
6. Slide the lamp cover back into the tabs. Plug the power cord in and press the POWER button to turn the ASK Proxima DP-2000x projector back on. You are now ready to Lamp Timer.
Step 3: Resetting the Lamp Timer
Now you’ve installed a new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 you’ll need to reset the LAMP TIMER so the ASK Proxima DP-2000x projector can accurately track the lamp life. To reset the Lamp Timer:
Scroll down to the SERVICE option.Press the SELECT button.
Scroll down to the RESET LAMP option. Press the SELECT button.
The lamp hour will be reset to zero and track the lamp life.