When the LED light is blinking red on the ASK Proxima C160/C180 projector, it’s time to replace the replace the projector lamp. You may also see a “Replace Lamp” message on the screen. Don’t wait to replace the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017. The projector will turn off once the lamp life is approaching end of life.
Find out how many hours have been used on the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 through the ABOUT option found on the main MENU.
The importance of authentic lamps
Buying authentic guarantees a projector lamp created with genuine, non-hazardous materials by the original manufacturer. These lamps come with money-back guarantee and keeps your warranty entact. It’s worth the few extra dollars to eliminate potential problems and have a lamp built to work properly with your ASK Proxima C160/C180 sensitive mechanisms. Learn more about spotting dangerous projector lamps by reading our article: 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
Replacing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 lamp
- Turn the ASK Proxima C160/C180 projector off and unplug the AC cord. Wait 60 minutes until the projector is fully cooled. These projectors work under extremely high heat and there is danger of burning yourself if you don’t let the projector cool off.
- Turn the ASK Proxima C160/C180 projector upside down.
- Loosen the screw holding the lamp cover in place.
- Pry the lamp door off using the tip of the screw driver.
- Remove the two screws on the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 lamp module.
- Grasp the metal wire handle to left the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 lamp module.
Be sure to send the used lamp to a properly recycling facility. Don’t throw the used ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 lamp into the regular garbage.
- Put the new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 lamp into the projector making sure it’s properly seated.
- Replace the two screws on the lamp module.
- Replace the door and tighten the screw.
- Plug in the power cable and turn the projector back on. You are ready to reset the lamp timer.
NOTE: Your old ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
Resetting the lamp timer
Once you have replaced the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017 it’s extremely important to reset the lamp timer. You want the the lamp life to properly track the hours left for your ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-017. Otherwise you run the risk of the ASK Proxima C160/C180 suddenly shutting down.
There are two ways of resetting the lamp timer.
Using the projector:
- Press the decrease volume button on the remote first, followed by the increase volume button.
- The LED light will blink green when the lamp hour has been reset.
- Open the MAIN menu.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS menu. Press SELECT.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu option. Press SELECT.
- Scroll down to the LAMP RESET option. Press SELECT.
Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.