When the “Change lamp” message appears when you start up the ASK M6 projector, it’s time to replace the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp. You will also notice that the LED warning light is is a solid red. If at start up the ASK M6 projector won’t turn on, its definitely time to change the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp.
The importance of genuine lamps
Be sure to install a genuine ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 and avoid generic knock-off lamps. Even though they appear to be a bargain, these so-called “compatible” can end up costing more in the long run. These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using the carcinogenic substance Krypton-85.
Using a counterfeit generic lamp can damage the sensitive components since these knock-off lamps have not been created with the correct components and can cause malfunction. The light provided by these lamps is also substandard with poor illumination.
Installing a generic lamp will also void any warranty for your ASK M6 projector. Avoid hassles and install an authentic ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 OEM lamp sold by a dependable seller. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Installing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp
- Turn the ASK M6 projector off and unplug the power cord. You should wait for at least 60 minutes for the projector to cool.
- DON’T try to change the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp immediately after using the projector as you could burn yourself severely.
- Turn the projector over, taking care with the top control panels.
- Loosen the three screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp door. The lamp door is part of the lamp housing.
- Insert the end of the screwdriver int the tab on the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp door. Move the screwdriver up to pry the door open.
- Carefully lift the lamp out of the ASK M6 projector taking care not to drop the lamp.
- Place the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 into the ASK M6 projector. Taking care not to touch the naked bulb. Residue oil from your fingers can cause the lamp to explode when it heats up.
- Tighten all three screws on the lamp cover.
- Plug the power cable and turn the ASK M6 projector back on. You’re ready to reset the lamp hour timer.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp. These lamps contain mercury so can’t be placed into regular garbage.
Reset the lamp timer
It’s important to reset the lamp timer after you have changed the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 lamp in order that the lamp life can be properly tracked,
- Open the MAIN menu.
- Press SELECT.
- Scroll down to the SETTING menu. Press SELECT.
- Click on SERVICE option Press SELECT.
- Scrolls down to Reset Lamp Hours option. Press SELECT.
- Lamp timer will be reset to zero and the projector will start tracking lamp life.
Recycle, save money
Looking for a less expensive but more environmentally friendly option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing just the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033 bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Longer life for the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-033
Extend the life of the lamp by more than 1,000 hours by changing the brightness of the screen.
- Auto mode: Brightness according to the input signal.
- Normal mode: Normal brightness and standard setting
- Silent mode: Lowers brightness to reduce the power consumed by the lamp and extending lamp life.
Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.