Wondering when to replace the ASK Proxima A1100 projector lamp? Two warnings will appear: one on screen and another on the projector. When the lamp light is within 20 hours of its end of life, the”Change lamp” appears on the screen.
Closer to the end of life, the lamp icon on the projector will aslo lit up. Replace the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 immediately.
Follow our easy 3-step installation guide to a new projector lamp.
Step 1: The importance of authentic lamps
Always invest in a genuine ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp in order to keep your ASK Proxima A1100 projector working. Your original manufacturer (OEM) has created these lamps to fit your ASK Proxima A1100 projector and keep the sophisticated components working properly. While generic lamps may be sold at discount prices, their inferior workmanship and cheap materials often result in damage to the interior of projectors.
They are also prone to explosions which can release toxic heavy metals into the air as well as damage your projector beyond repair. Installing them voids both your projector’s warranty and cancels out any certficiation marks.
Avoid the hassles associated with “compatible” lamps and go with authentic lamps. Read more about the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp
Step 2: Replacing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039
NOTE: It’s very important to let the projector cool off before replacing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039. These projectors operate under high temperatures and you can get a severe burn unless the projector is cooled.
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Remove the lamp door by removing the side of the lamp door.
- Slide the door forward and left the door off.
- Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp housing in place.
- Grab the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp handle and carefully lift the lamp cage up.
- Install the new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp housing and tighten the screws.
- Slide the lamp door back in place. Tighten the screw on the side.
- Plug the power cord in and press the POWER button to turn the projector back on.
You are ready to reset the lamp hours.
The ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Step 3: Resetting the lamp hours timer
It’s very important to reset the lamp hours timer after replacing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp in order to track the lamp life.
To reset the lamp hours:
- Open the MAIN menu. Press SELECT
- Scroll down to the STATUS and SERVICE menu.
- Select the RESET LAMP HOURS.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Looking for a green alternative? Try replacing only the bulb and re-using the same plastic cage. Watch this Ask Proxima replacement guide to find out more.
Get the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 to last longer with these tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the ASK Proxima A1300 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life