The Lamp Replace Indicator at the top of the ASK Proxima A1200 projector that will light up when its time to install a new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 projector lamp. You will also see a “Change Lamp” message on screen when there is only 20 hours of lamp life left.
Step 1: Buy authentic
Buy an authentic ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 projector lamp and make life easier. Generic lamps look like a great bargain but these knock-off lamps are created with inferior materials making them susceptible to explosions when installed. Manufactured with toxic cancer-causing materials, knock-off lamps also have a shorter life span and can damage the precise components in your ASK Proxima A1200 projector projector.
Learn more about spotting dangerous projector lamps by reading: 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
Step 2: Replacing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039
NOTE: It’s very important to let the projector cool off before replacing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039. These projectors operate under high temperatures and you can get a severe burn unless the projector has cooled.
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Remove the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp door by removing the side of the lamp door.
- Slide the door forward and left the door off.
- Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp housing in place.
- Grab the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp handle and carefully lift the lamp cage up.
- Install the new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp housing and tighten the screws.
- Slide the lamp door back in place. Tighten the screw on the side.
- Plug the power cord in and press the POWER button to turn the projector back on.
You are ready to reset the lamp hours.
The ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Step 3: Resetting the lamp hours timer
It’s very important to reset the lamp hours timer after replacing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 lamp.
To reset the lamp hours:
- Open the MAIN menu. Press SELECT
- Scroll down to the STATUS and SERVICE menu.
- Select the RESET LAMP HOURS.
- Lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Looking for a green alternative? Try replacing only the bulb and re-using the same plastic cage. Watch this Ask Proxima replacement guide to find out more.
Get the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-039 to last longer with these tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the ASK Proxima A1300 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life