Follow our quick 3-step guide to replace the Epson ELPLP49 lamp in your Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB projector.
Step 1: Buy authentic
Always invest in a genuine Epson ELPLP49 lamp in order to keep your Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB working. Your original manufacturer (OEM) has created these lamps to fit your Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB and keep the sophisticated components working properly.
While generic lamps may be sold at discount prices, their inferior workmanship and cheap materials often result in damage to the interior of projectors. They are also prone to explosions which can release toxic heavy metals into the air as well as damage your projector beyond repair. Read more about the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Watch for the signs that it’s time to replace the Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp:
- The projector image gets darker and starts to deteriorate.
- The projector lamp flashes red.
- The warning message REPLACE THE LAMP appears on screen.
A replacement warning message will also appear on screen. You can expect 4000 hours of lamp from the lamp depending on the settings and usage.
Step 3: Install a new Epson ELPLP49 lamp
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing
- Turn off power swtich on the back of the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB projector
- Unplug the power cord
- Allow the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. The lamp cover for the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB.
is found on top of the projector. Take the screwdriver that came with the projector and put it into opening on the lamp cover to release the cover switch. Remove the lamp cover.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of Epson ELPLP49 lamp. Place the screws to either side.
3. Pull the lamp out using the top handle. Be sure to pull it out straight. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP49 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
4, Take the new Epson ELPLP49 lamp by the handle and gently put it into place making sure the lamp is facing in the right direction.
5. Replace the Epson ELPLP49 screws on the newly installed lamp.
6. Re-connect the lamp cover. Tighten the screws on the cord and turn on the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB projector.
7. Re-attach the power cord. Turn the projector on and let it warm up.
8. Reset the Lamp Operating time.
Reset the Epson Lamp Timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP49 lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB projector on.
- Press MENU to display the configuration menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset option.
- Press Enter to enter the Reset Menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset Lamp Hours option.
- Press Enter.
- When the Reset Lamp Hour option has been chosen the Reset Lamp Hours message will appear.
- Use the cursor to move to the YES option.
- Press Enter to reset the lamp hours to zero.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP49 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP49 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9500 UB and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life