Follow our step-by–step guide for quick and easy replacement of the Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp.
Watch for the signs that it’s time to replace the Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp:
- The projector image gets darker and starts to deteriorate.
- The projector lamp flashes red.
- The warning message REPLACE THE LAMP appears on screen.
A replacement warning message will also appear on screen. You can expect 4000 hours of lamp from the lamp depending on the settings and usage.
Step 2: Buy the right lamp
You’ll want to install an authentic Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp to keep your PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 projector working properly and to get the best picture quality. Although cheaper at first, generic knock-off lamps are actually not that great a bargain. These so-called “compatible” lamps are prone to explosion, have poor illumination, a shorter lamp life and can cause permanent damaged to the sensitive electronic components in your Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 projector.
6 reasons to avoid generics
- generics have a shorter lamp life than original lamps
- compatible are created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- knock off lamps are prone to explosions
- generic lamps damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Step 3: Install a new Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing
- Turn off power switch on the back of the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 projector
- Unplug the power cord
- Allow the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures and you run the risk of being burned if the projector has not cooled down.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. The lamp cover for the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 is found on top of the projector. Take the screwdriver that came with the projector and put it into opening on the lamp cover to release the cover switch. Remove the lamp cover.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp. Place the screws to either side.
3. Pull the projector lamp out using the top handle. Be sure to pull it out straight. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
4, Take the new Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp by the handle and gently put it into place making sure the lamp is facing in the right direction.
5. Replace the Epson ELPLP49 screws on the newly installed lamp.
6. Re-connect the projector lamp cover. Tighten the screws on the cord and turn on the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 projector.
7. Reset the projector lamp timer.
Reset the Epson Lamp Timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 projector on.
- Press MENU to display the configuration menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset option.
- Press Enter to enter the Reset Menu.
- Press the down arrow to move down the menu to the Reset Lamp Hours option.
- Press Enter.
- When the Reset Lamp Hour option has been chosen the Reset Lamp Hours message will appear.
- Use the cursor to move to the YES option.
- Press Enter to reset the lamp hours to zero.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP49 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP49 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 7100 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life