Replacing the lamp in your Epson Powerlite 82c is simple. Follow this quick-step guide to install a new Epson ELPLP34 lamp.
When is the lamp finished?
There are approximately 3000 hours in the typical Epson ELPLP34 lamp. When it’s approaching end of life there will be some very distinct signs that the Epson Powerlite 82c projector needs a new lamp:
- Dark image
- Image that has deteriorated
- “Replace the Lamp” warning message appears on screen
- Lamp light flashes orange
The total lamp life will vary. If regular maintenance is done where the air filter is kept clean, the lamp will last longer. If the lamp is used longer than five hours per day this will shorten the Epson ELPLP34 lamp life.
The importance of authentic lamps
When if comes to installing your Epson ELPLP34 it’s best to buy an authentic lamp from an OEM source. There are plenty of cheap lamps for sale. In fact, some of the more popular retail sites sell project lamps with major discounts. These “generic” lamps are advertised as compatible with your Epson PowerLite 82C when it fact they can can damage the sensitive components.
The prices for generic can be tempting but generics have shorter lamp life than original lamps and have often been created with It can be toxic materials than make them prone to explosions. These lamps can actually cost more in the long run. Look for the seal of approval and buy from an authentic manufacturer. You’ll be keeping your warranty intact and getting a lamp that will keep your Epson PowerLite 82c working at optimum levels.
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy an authentic lamp from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Installing the Epson ELPLP34
Get prepared for the installation:
- Switch the power on Epson Powerlite 82c projector button off.
- Unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting badly burned, allow the Epson Powerlite 82c projector to cool for one hour.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
1. The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson Powerlite 82c projector. Loose the screw holding the lamp cover in place. Use the screw driver that came with your projector.
2. Slide the Epson Powerlite 82c lamp cover off.
3. Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP34 lamp in place. The screws will not come out all the way.
4. Grab the Epson ELPLP34 lamp by the two indents on the lamp. Gently remove the lamp by lifting straight up. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP34 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
5. Make sure the Epson ELPLP34 is facing the correct way and slowly push it into the projector.
Tighten the screws on new Epson ELPLP34 lamp when it’s fitted properly into the projector. Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
6. Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson Powerlite 82c projector lamp cover. You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer on the Epson Powerlite 82c projector
Reset the Epson Powerlite 82c Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP34 lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control.
- Scroll down to the RESET option. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to Reset Lamp Hours.
- Press ENTER.
- A Reset Lamp hours screen will appear.
- The Reset Lamp hours will appear after you choose the Reset Lamp Hour option.
- Click on YES. Press MENU.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP34 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP34with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson Powerlite 82c projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Switching to Low Brightness Mode uses less electricity, lowers the fan noise and puts less stress on the Epson ELPLP34 lamp.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life