When it’s time to replace the Epson V11H120020 projector lamp, use this guide for a quick and easy installation.
Go with authentic
Be sure to buy an authentic Epson ELPLP22 lamp from a recognized dealer. It can be overwhelming trying to find the best dealer for your Epson V11H120020 projector. Start by looking for the seal of approval as youre guide to buying an authentic. Epson ELPLP22 lamp.
Why do you want to avoid generic lamps? Their inferior workmanship means generic lamps also can’t be calibrated properly so can seriously damage the sensitive (and expensive) optics in your Epson V11H120020. Generics also don’t last the full 2000 hours and pose a health hazard due to the toxic materials.
Avoid all these problems and keep the warranty on your Epson V11H120020 projector valid (using generic automatically voids your warranty). Don’t be fooled by the generic manufacturers. Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp and
You can expect between 2000 to 3000 hours of lamp life before you must install a replacement. Set the brightness to low to get the maximum hours and be sure to keep your filters cleaned. Warning signs that the Epson ELPLP22 lamp is reaching end of life include:
- image getting darker or starting to deteriorates.
- colours look off.
- LAMP REPLACE messages appears on screen.
- warning light flashing orange. When the lamp light is flashing RED, the Epson ELPLP22 lamp is burnt out and must be replaced immediately.
Replacing the Epson ELPLP22 lamp
Follow these important steps before installing a new Epson ELPLP22 lamp in the Epson V11H120020 projector:
- Turn off the projector power.
- When the power light stops flashing unplug the power cord.
- Wait at least 60 minutes for the Epson V11H120020 projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch. These projectors operate under extremely high temperatures so be patient and wait until the projector is cool or you run the risk of burning yourself.
NOTE: Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
The Epson ELPLP22 lamp comes with a replacement air filter. To change filters: turn the Epson V11H120020 projector over and remove the air filters at the side and bottom of the projector. Slide the new filters in until they click into place.
Insert the screwdriver supplied with the new Epson ELPLP22 lamp or use a flat-tipped screwdriver. Place the tip of the screwdriver into the space beside the air vent on the Epson V11H120020. Gently slide the lamp cover to align the arrow on the cover with the arrow on the projector.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP22 lamp in place (they will not come all the way out). NOTE: The Epson ELPLP22 lamp contains mercury and should be recycled rather than being thrown into regular garbabe. Authentic manufacturers recycle will also recycle lamps.
Lift up the wire handle on the Epson ELPLP22 lamp and it up straight out of the projector. Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP22 lamp while keeping your hands off the bulb. Fingerprints can leave marks on the screen. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Tighten the screws and replace the lamp cover. NOTE: The projector will not turn on if the lamp cover is loose.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson V11H120020 lamp timer
The lamp timer will track the life of the Epson ELPLP22 lamp and triggers the warning messages. It’s critical to reset the lamp timer whenever you replace the lamp in the Epson V11H120020 projector.
- Plug the projector in and turn it on.
- Press the MENU button on the remote or on the projector’s control panel to display the Main menu,
- Use the pointer buttons on the remote or the arrow buttons on the Epson V11H120020 to scroll down to the ABOUT menu. Press ENTER to display the ABOUT screen information.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP TIMER option.
- Press ENTER to open the second prompt screen.
Select YES and press ENTER.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- NOTE: Lamp usage appears as 0H until you’ve used at least 10 hours of lamp life
- Press ESC or MENU to exit this screen.
How to extend the life of the Epson ELPLP22 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP22 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson V11H120020 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low to extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.