You can expect up to 3000 hours of lamp life before the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp needs to be replaced. Note: This guide can also be used for the BenQ PN8260 projector.
Your first warning to replace the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp will show up when the lamp has been in operation for 1980 hours. If the projector is being run in Economic Mode you may continue until the second warning at 2980 hours at which time a second warning will appear.
The second warning will let you know that the power will shutdown in 20 hours time. Replace the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp immediately.
The projector will not turn on until the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp has been replaced.
Authentic lamps are important
Your BenQ PB8250 projector is a sophisticated machine with sensitive electronic components. The BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp has been designed specifically to keep your projector operating at optimum levels. Generic “compatible” lamps are made with copycat technology that use inferior and often toxic materials.
Knock-off manufacturers don’t possess the proper technology to create these lamps and as a result these lamps have a shorter lamp life, are prone to explosions and can seriously damage your projector. Installing them cancels your warranty leaving your vulnerable should anything go wrong. It’s not worth the small savings. Protect yourself from buying a knock-off counterfeit compatible generic lamp.
How to replace the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp
Before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ PB8250 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Turn the power off and disconnect the BenQ PB8250 projector.
- The lamp cover is found on the bottom of the projector. Turn the projector over and loosen the two screws holding the BenQ PB8250 projector lamp cover in place. (Use a magnetic screwdriver to make the whole process easier.)
- Loosen the screw on the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp.
- Grab the wire handle on the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 lamp so it lifts up. Slowly and gently pull the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp out of the projector. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- Avoid touching the optical components inside the projector as this can leave marks on the lenses causing image distortion and unwanted color changes.
- Insert the new BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp making sure the handle is fully locked. Tighten the screw. If the screw is too loose or too tight, the projector may not turn on.
- Re-install the BenQ PB8250 lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Reset the total lamp operation timer.
NOTE: The BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps),
Reset the projector lamp counter
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp has been replaced. Resetting the lamp timer without changing the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 lamp can cause significant harm to your BenQ PB8250 projector.
- Press and hold EXIT button on the projector for 3 seconds to display the total used lamp time.
- Press MENU on either the projector or on the remote control. Scroll down to the LAMP HOUR TIMER. An adjustment message will appear.
- Press MENU to reset the lamp hours.
- Press EXIT.
Make your newly installed BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp life last longer with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ PB8250 projector and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
The green alternative