Replacing the lamp in your Optoma H55 projector can be done in under 15 minutes. Read our step-by-step guide for more information.
Lamp Replacement Warning
The projector will detect the lamp life and when the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp approaches 2000 hours will flash a warning message onscreen: “Lamp is running out of standard lifetime. Be sure to replace the lamp as soon a possible.
The Lamp LED on the H55 projector may also start flashing orange and you see the image get darker or start to deteriorate.
Have the correct lamp
Your Optoma H55 uses the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp. Avoid generic lamps sold at discount prices and buy an authentic OEM lamp. In order to keep your Optoma H55 projector working at its optimum levels, you need a proper projector lamp. Since selling online has few regulations, it’s easy to get duped into buying an inferior knock-off lamp posing as an authentic one.
Watch for these telltale signs that the lamp you have bought is countefeit:
- low price that seems too good to be true. Generic lamps have a much shorter life
- labelling that looks amateurish
- Mismatched elements, glue on the edges. Often these lamps use toxic chemicals as substitutes
- Bulb that is scratched inside its cage. Generic lamps are more prone to overheat and explode
Remember that generic lamps are NEVER properly calibrated to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors and installing can void the guarantee on your Optoma H55. Always look for the seal of approval before buying!
Installing the Optoma BL-FU250A lamp
Before changing the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp follow these important safety tips:
- Switch off the power to the Optoma H55 projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down. It should be cool to the touch.
- Disconnect the power cord.
Removing the lamp cover.
Step 1: Place the Optoma H55 on a soft surface and turn it over to access the lamp cover. It should be cool to the touch.Use a screwdriver to loosen the screws holding the lamp cover in place. Make sure you have followed the safety tips before taking the cover off.
Step 2: Remove the lamp cover and place to one side. Don’t lose the screws to the cover as the Optoma H55 projector will not turn back on until the lamp cover has been properly installed.
Removing the lamp
Step 3: Remove all three screws holding the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) in place.
- NOTE: This lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost. Generic manufacturers don’t recycle.
Step 4: Lift the wire handle on the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp and gently remove it from the projector. Be careful not to hit the lamp or you can cause it to break. Learn how to properly clean up a broken lamp.
Replacing the lamp
- Take the new Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp out of its packaging and lift the handle on the lamp. Gently place it into the Optoma H55 projector making sure not to touch the actual bulb. Oil from fingerprint marks can burn black spots onto the lamp when it heats up.
- Tighten the screws on the lamp.
- Close the lid. Tighten the cover screws.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the Optoma H55 lamp timer
Your Optoma H55 comes equipped with an automatic lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer. Failure to do so may cause the projector to use the lamp over the recommended period of time resulting in the lamp exploding.
- Press the Menu button to open the On-Screen-Data (OSD) menu.
- Press the right/left arrow button to move to the System menu.
- Press the right/left arrow button button to move down to Bulb setting.
- Press the right arrow or Enter button to enter Sub-Menu displaying the
- Press the right arrow or Enter button to select Reset option.
- To exit Menu button.
Learn the TOP Tips for extending lamp life in your Optoma HP55 projector. Here are a few to get you started:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Optoma H55 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.