No need to call a service technician to change your projector lamp in your Vivitek D825MS projector.
Our guide will walk you through the change.
When you notice the Power LED flashing 5 times consecutively, your projector lamp is reaching its end of life and needs to be replaced immediately. Don’t get caught short. Have a lamp ready and waiting.
Be sure the purchase an authentic Vivitek 1000055-A (5811100760S) projector lamp for your Vivitek D825MS projector. Although generic lamps seem like a bargain, avoid knock-off “compatible” lamps. You get what you pay for and in the case of generic lamps it’s usually a long list of problems:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy an authentic projector lamo from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Replacing the 1000055-A projector lamp
Before changing the projector lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the Vivitek D825MS projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove the two captive screws holding the lamp cover place.
- Remove the lamp cover and place it to one side.
- Remove the tw0 screws holding the Vivitek 1000055-A (5811100760S) projector lamp in place.
- Click up the wire handle and gently pull out the Vivitek 1000055-A projector lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the projector bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Vivitek 1000055-A (5811100760S) projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost
- Take the new Vivitek 1000055-A (5811100760S) projector lamp out of its packaging. Lift up the wire handle and gently guide it into the Vivitek D825MS projector.
- Take care not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers can leave a smudge that will burn into a black spot when the projector heats up.
- Tighten the lamp screw.
- Re-install the Vivitek D825MS projector lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Reset the total lamp hour timer.
Resetting the Vivitek D825MS Lamp Hour Timer
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when the Vivitek 1000055-A (5811100760S) projector lamp has been replaced.
Resetting the projector lamp timer without changing the lamp can make it work beyond its recommended hours and cause harm to your Vivitek D825MS projector.
- Press the Menu button to open the OSD menu.
- Press left/right arrow keys to move to the Installation II menu.
- Press up/down arrows to move to the Advanced menu
- Press Enter.
- Using the or up/down arrow keys to move down to the Advanced menu.
- Press the cursor up/down arrows button to Lamp Hour Reset.
- Press Enter.
- A message will appear saying the Lamp Hour has been reset to zero.
- Press the Menu button to return to the main Installation II menu.
Extending the life of the Vivitek 1000055-A projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the Vivitek D825MS projector and set to Eco Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend projector lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.