You can expect between 2000 to 3000 hours of lamp life with the Hitachi CP-X260 projector lamp. Wondering when to change the lamp? Keep reading our step-by-step guide.
Your Hitachi CP-X260 uses the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 lamp.
As the Hitachi DT00751 projector lamp reaches end of life, the Hitachi CP-X260 Lamp Indicator light will start flashing red. Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out. This is another indication that it’s time to replace the lamp.
NOTE: You may notice the Hitachi DT00751 screen starts to go dark after being used for long period of time. It’s a good idea to turn off the projector for at least one or two hours each day.
The Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp has a finite life and trying to force it beyond its normal lamp life can damage your Hitachi CP-X260.
Copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds and the warranty on your Hitachi CP-X260 projector will become void. Look for the seal of approval before buying and get the best lamp possible — an authentic OEM projector lamp!
Reasons for avoiding generic lamps:
- Your eyesight is at risk since generics don’t have the proper safety vision guards installed
- Generic lamps have a much shorter life so end up costing more.
- Due to poor workmanship, they are prone to explosions.
- Overseas production of these knock-off lamps is not regulated.
- Manufacturers carcinogenic componnents such as the highly toxic Krypton-85.
- Gerenics damage the sensitive optics in projectors due to being uncalibrated.
Spot the copycat fake lamps with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Installing the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp
Before installing a new lamp be sure to turn off the Hitachi CP-X260 and let the projector cool down for at least one hour. This projector operates using high temperatures and there is a risk of you burning yourself if the projector has not cooled.
- Turn off the projector by pressing the power button.
- Unplug any power cords.
- Loosen the Hitachi CP-X260 projector lamp cover screw
- Slide the projector lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the screws on the projector lamp. Gently lift up the wire handle and pull out the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp. NOTE: The Hitachi DT00751 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t place it into regular garbage.
- Take the new DT00751 projector lamp out of its packaging.
- Pick up the Hitachi DT00751 projector lamp by the handle and gently insert the lamp into the projector making sure not to bang the lamp.
- Avoid touching the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave marks on the bulb that will burn into black spots.
- Slide the Hitachi CP-X260 projector lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the lamp cover a screw.
- Turn the projector on and reset the lamp time.
To reset the Hitachi CP-X260 projector lamp timer
- Press the MENU button
- When the EASY MENU has appeared press Enter to choose
- Scroll down to the ADVANCED MENU option.
- Scroll down to OPTION menu.
- Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME.
- A dialog field will appear.
- Choose RESET on the dialog field.
- Press ENTER.
- The lamp time will be reset to 0.
- Press the MENU button to exit.
NOTE: Reset the lamp time only when you have replaced the projector lamp, for a suitable indication about the lamp. Otherwise you run the risk of using the projector lamp beyond its lamp life.