No need to call the service technician to replace the projector lamp in your Hitachi CP-X267 projector. Just use our guide.
Always look for the seal of approval when purchasing your projector lamp. Don’t fall for the allure of cheaper prices since these lamps are counterfeit with many problems. You can end up damaging your Hitachi CP-X267 beyond repair.
Watch for telltale signs you are about to purchase a counterfeit projector lamp:
- low price that seems too good to be true.
- labelling that looks amateurish
- Mismatched elements, glue on the edges.
- Bulb that is scratched inside its cage
Spot the copycat fake lamps with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Your Hitachi CP-X267 projector uses the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp and when it reaches end of life, there will be several tell tale signs:
- Hitachi CP-X265 Lamp Indicator light will start flashing red.
- Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out.
- Picture has poor colour quality.
- You may notice the Hitachi DT00751 starts to go dark after being used for long period of time.
Remember that your Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp has a finite life and trying to force it beyond its normal lamp life can damage your Hitachi CP-X267.
Installing the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp
Before installing a new lamp be sure to turn off the Hitachi CP-X267 and let the projector cool down for at least one hour. This projector operates using high temperatures and there is a risk of you burning yourself if the projector has not cooled.
- Turn off the projector by pressing the power button.
- Unplug any power cords.
- Loosen the Hitachi CP-X267 projector lamp cover screw
- Slide the lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the screws on the projector lamp. Gently lift up the wire handle and pull out the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp.
- NOTE: The Hitachi DT00751 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t place it into regular garbage.
- Take the new DT00751 projector lamp out of its packaging.
- Pick up the Hitachi DT00751 projectorlamp by the handle and gently insert the lamp into the projector making sure not to bang the lamp.
- Avoid touching the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave marks on the bulb that will burn into black spots.
- Slide the Hitachi CP-X267 projector lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the lamp cover a screw.
- Turn the projector on and reset the projector lamp timer.
Resetting the Hitachi CP-X267 projector lamp timer
Reset the lamp time only when you have replaced the lamp so the Hitachi CP-X267 projector can properly track the lamp life. Otherwise you run the risk of using the projector lamp beyond its lamp life.
- Press the MENU button
- When the EASY MENU has appeared press Enter to choose
- Scroll down to the GO TO ADVANCED MENU option.
- Scroll down to OPTION menu.
- Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME.
- A dialog field will appear.
- Choose RESET on the dialog field.
- Press ENTER.
- The lamp time will be reset to 0.
- Press the MENU button to exit.