The Studio Experience Matintee 1HD projector lamp is a division of Boxlight but uses the Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) lamp.
Authentic lamps are crucial
6 Reasons for avoiding generic lamps:
- generics offer no safety guards to protect your eyesight
- generics have a much shorter life so end up costing more
- copycat lamps are prone to explosions
- fake lamps are created with toxic substitutes
- non generic lamps can’t be not properly calibrated
- damage the sensitive and expensive electronics optics
Looking for a less expensive option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Replacing the POA-LMP54 lamp
Before replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP54 (610 302 5933) lamp follow these important safety steps:
- Turn off the projector
- Unplug the AC cord.
- Allow the Matinee 1HD projector to cool for 45 to 60 minutes. It should be cool to the touch before opening the projector. The Matinee 1HD operates using high temperatures and not waiting for it cool can result in a bad burn.
1. The lStudio Experience Matinee 1HD lamp cover is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turning it over and place it on a soft surface. Loosen the screw holding the cover in place and remove the cover.
2. Loosen the two screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP54 lamp in place. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter. NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
3. Carefully place the new Sanyo POA-LMP54 (6103025933) lamp in the projector using the wire handle. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb since the oil from your fingers may cause black spots on the bulb when the projector heats up. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
5. Tighten the two screws on the Lamp Assembly for the Sanyo POA-LMP54.
6. Replace and tighten the two screws on either side of Lamp Cover. Let the projector stand for five minutes so the lamp can stabilize. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Studio Experience Matinee 1HD projector. You’ll need to reset the Lamp Counter.
Reset the lamp counter
Reset the Lamp counter only when Sanyo POA-LMP54 lamp has been replaced. Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in the lamp exploding from being used beyond it’s life expectancy.
- Turn the Studio Experience Matinee 1HD projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Scroll down to the Setting option.
- Select Lamp Control.
- A second screen will appear.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
Make your new Sanyo POA-LMP54 lamp last longer:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Studio Experience Matinee 1HD projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Clean the air filter regularly.
- Buy authentic.