Changing the projector lamp in your Sanyo PLV-Z1C projector is simple when you understand the technology.
NOTE: This guide is also compatible with the Sanyo LP-Z1 (K) projector.
Authentic projector lamps are the way to go
Invest in an authentic projector lamp. It’s the best insurance you can have to keep your Sanyo PLV-Z1C projector working. Avoid the temptation to buy a cheaper priced lamp online from popular sites. These bargain lamps are usually counterfeit lamps created with inferior parts that can damage your projector.
They may end up costing you more in the long run. Authentic projector lamps have been manufactured with reliable parts that work with the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLV-Z1C projector. These authentic projector lamps come with a guarantee and won’t make your projector’s warranty invalid.
When it’s time to change your projector lamp on your Sanyo PLV-Z1C projector, you’ll notice the yellow light blinking on the Lamp Indicator found on the top control panel. Buy a Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) lamp replacement.
Instructions for projector lamp replacement
1. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.Allow the Sanyo PLV-Z1C projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. Don’t open the projector until it is cool to the touch. These projectors operate under high temperatures.
2. Place the Sanyo PLV-Z1C on something soft and turn it upside down. Loosen the screw holding the lamp cover in place (found over top of the ventilation holes).
3. Loosen the two screws keeping the Sanyo POA-LMP54 (610 302 5933) lamp in place. Grab the handle on the projector lamp cage and gently remove the lamp. Place to one side. Your old projector lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into regular garbage.
4. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP54 (6103025933) projector lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb since the oil from your fingers may cause black spots on the bulb when the projector heats up. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it.
5. Tighten the two screws on the Lamp Assembly for the Sanyo POA-LMP54 (610 302 5933).
6. Replace and tighten the three screws on either side of Lamp Hazard Cover. Let the projector stand for five minutes so the projector lamp can stabilize. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLV-Z1C projector. You’ll need to reset the Lamp Counter.
RESETTING THE Sanyo PLV-Z1C LAMP CONTROL MODE
Reset the Lamp Control Mode only when Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) projector lamp has been replaced. Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo PLV-Z1C projector on. Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu. Scroll down to the Setting option.
- Select Lamp Control.
- A second screen will appear.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
Make your new Sanyo POA-LMP54 projector lamp last longer
To maintain the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP54 (610 302 5933), wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLV-Z1C projector off. Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours. Regular cleaning of the air filter will also prolong lamp life.
Looking for a less expensive option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP54 (service parts no 610 302 5933) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.