Buy the right projector lamp!
Six good reasons to avoid copycat lamps:
Generic projector lamps have six main problems:
- inferior workmanship which translates to an inferior product,
- they don’t last as long.
- improperly calibrated so can seriously damage the optics in your Optoma DSV0502
- present a health hazard due to their toxic materials.
- installing a generic lamp will void the warranty on the Optoma DSV0502
- offer no guarantee, technical or customer service even after the lamp has been purchased.
Know when to replace
When the Optoma BL-FU180A (SP.82G01.001) projector lamp is approaching it’s end of life, you may see the following signs:
- A screen that is gradually dimming or deteriorating.
- Colour in the image appears dark or off colour.
- Lamp light flashing a steady orange.
A replacement warning message also appears on screen. Replace the projector lamp immediately. If you leave the lamp too long it may explode inside the projector. Learn how to properly clean up a broken lamp.
Replace the Optoma BL-FU180A projector lamp
Follow these important safety steps before installing a new Optoma BL-FU180A (SP.82G01.001):
- These lamps contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Switch off the power to the Optoma DSV0502 projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. so it is cool to the touch. Trying to change the projector lamp while the projectors is not cooled down can result in serious burns as these projectors operate using high heat.
Place something soft underneath the Optoma DSV0502 before turning the projector onto it’s back. Remove the two screws holding the cover in place.
Push the cover up to remove it.
Remove the two screws holding the Optoma BL-FU180A (SP.82G01.001) lamp module in place.
Lift up the wire handle and slowly put out the old projector lamp. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU180A (SP.82G01.001) projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
Remove the Optoma BL-FU180A (SP.82G01.001) projector lamp from its packaging and using the wire handle, place it into the Optoma DSV0502 projector. Tighten the two screws on the lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamp timing on the Optoma DSV0502
In order to track the lamp life, the Optoma DSV0502 projector has an automatic lamp timer that triggers the lamp replacement warning. You need to reset the timer each time the lamp is replaced.
- Press the Menu option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll over the Lamp Setting. Press Enter.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Yes
- The lamp hours is reset to zero.
- You can also used this screen to set ECO mode and turn off the lamp reminder message (not recommended to do).
Tips for a Optoma BL-FU180A (SP.82G01.001) projector lamp longer life:
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Optoma DSV0502 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life