Don’t panic when it’s time to switch the projector lamp in your Canon LV-7555FU projector. Our guide will walk you through the procedure.
Why buy authentic projector lamp
You want to keep your Canon LV-7555FU projector working properly. The best way to do that is to always install authentic OEM projector lamps. Your Canon LV-7555FU projector uses the Canon LV-LP17 (9015A001) projector lamp. You may be tempted to buy a generic lamp sold at discount prices. These projector lamps actually cost more since the have a much shorter life and are prone to explosions. There are health and safety concerns as well, since these lamps have been created with carcinogenic, toxic substitutes. Installing generic lamps into your Canon LV-7555 projector also voids your warranty. Generics are not worth the few extra dollars you save. Go with an OEM Canon LV-LP17 (9015A001) lamp.
When the Canon LV-LP17 projector lamp has reached its end of life the LAMP REPLACE on the projector will light yellow. Replace the projector lamp immediately when you see this.
Other warning signs may be a dim picture, colour that appears washed and a image that is fading.
Replacing the Canon LV-LP17 projector lamp
Before changing the projector lamp:
- Allow the Canon LV-7555FU to cool down for at least 45 minutes. This projector operates at an extremely high temperature and you can get burned. Don’t rush it.
- Unplug the electrical cord so there is no chance the projector could get turned on during the installation. This could damage your projector and also give you a shock.
To replace the projector lamp:
- Loosen the two screws holding the lamp cover in place. Place the cover aside.
- Loosen the two screws on the with a screwdriver and pull out the Canon LV-LP17 (9015A001) projector lamp assembly by using the built in handle.
- NOTE: The used LV-LP17 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
- Replace the lamp assembly with a new Canon LV-LP17. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave black marks on the lamp.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Put back the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
- Connect the AC power cord to the Canon LV-7555FU projector and turn on the projector to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer counter
After replacing the Canon LV-LP13 (7670A001) projector lamp, you’ll need to turn off the LAMP REPLACE indicator by resetting the LAMP REPLACE COUNTER. The counter tracks the number of hours the Canon LV-7555FU projector lamp has been used and triggers the warning light when the projector lamp is reaching its end of life. Not resetting it after may stop your projector from turning back on.
- Turn the projector on and press the MENU.
- The On-Screen menu will be displayed on the left.
- Using the arrow buttons, mover the red frame pointer to the SETTING menu icon.
- Press the up/down buttons, move to the LAMP COUNTER option.
- Press OK to open up as the RESET LAMP COUNTER box.
- Click on the SET option to open a confirmation window.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” is displayed.
- Click on YES.
- Press OK.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer projector lamp life:
- Avoid frequent on and offs to avoid power surges.
- Don’t let the projector overheat as this puts stress on the lamp. Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Let the projector stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Keep the air filters clean and free of dust so it can do its job and keep the projector lamp for overheating. so on your Using “Eco mode” or “Lamp Economy Mode” can reduces lamp brightness by 20% while extending the lamp life by 50%.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending projector lamp life.
Replacing just the bulb
If you would like to save some money try replacing only the Canon LV-LP17 bare lamp rather than the entire lamp unit. You recycle the plastic cage and reduce waste. Watch our Canon LV-LP17 replacement video to learn how.