Your Boxlight CP635i projector lamp has a finite life. Watch for the image getting darker and the colours become weaker. When the lamp is approaching end of life, the lamp indicator will light red and the CHANGE THE LAMP message appears on screen. The image will become darker, and hues will become weaker,
Buy genuine OEM
There are many choices being offered on the Internet and it can be tempting to purchase a generic lamp due to their low prices. However, you get what you pay for and with generics that means a long list of problems that can end up damaging your Boxlight CP635i projector. When you consider all the problems caused by generic lamps, they aren’t worth the savings. Stick to an authentic OEM projector lamp and keep your Boxlight CP635i projector working at its best.
Reasons to avoid generics
- shorter lamp life
- carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- damage optics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Replacing the Boxlight CP635i Projector lamp
Before replacing the Boxlight CP635i Projector lamp follow these safety tips:
- Disconnect the power cord on the Boxlight CP635i projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the Boxlight CP635i projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. These projectors operate using high temperatures and you run the risk of severe burns if you don’t allow it to cool down.
Step 1: Place the projector on a soft surface and turn it over. Loosen the two screws holding the lamp cover in place.
Step 2: Remove the three screws holding the Boxlight CP635i lamp in place.
Step 3: Using the wire handle on the Boxlight CP635i lamp and gently remove the lamp.
NOTE: Be sure to recycle the Boxlight CP635i lamp as contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle it!
Step 4: Insert the new lamp and avoid touching the actual bulb as this can result in black spots from the oil on your hands.
Step 5: Tighten the screw on lamp. Place the cover back onto the Boxlight CP635i projector and tighten the lamps screws.
You must reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Boxlight SP-50m lamp counter
Once the Boxlight CP635i has been replaced, you will need to reset the lamp counter so the Boxlight CP635i projector can accurately track the number of lamp hours remaining:
- Switch power ON, and press the RESET button, for approximately three seconds. The ‘LAMP xxxx hr’ message will appear on the lamp timer on the bottom of the screen.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control transmitter, or the RESET button on the control panel, while the lamp timer is displayed. The ‘LAMP xxxx → 0 _ CANCEL’ message will then appear.
- Press the and select 0, and wait until the timer display is cleared. The message functions will not operate properly if the lamp timer is not reset correctly
Interested in a green alternative?
This projector has the option of also just replacing the actual bulb and re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector. Watch our training video to learn more.