Your Acer PD100 projector uses the Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp.
Note these instructions are also compatible with the following models:
- Acer PD100D
- Acer PD100P
- Acer PD100PD
- Acer PD100S
Step 1: Know the warning signs
When your Acer PD100 projector lamp is coming to its end of life, you will see this replacement message appear on screen: Lamp is approaching the end of its useful life in full power operation. Replacement Suggested!”
Other warning indications may be a washed out image with faded colors. Unfortunately, when you see this warning you don’t have a lot of time to replace the projector lamp. You must replace the lamp immediately. You can track the lamp life on the Managment menu under Lamp Hour Relapse. You can expect the Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp to last 2000 hours on Standard mode and 3000 hours on Eco mode. You can turn Eco Mode on or off from the Management menu.
Step 2: Be prepared with the correct lamp
Be sure to buy your Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp from an authorized dealer to keep your Acer PD100 projector working properly. Cheap knock-offs will damage the sensitive optics in your Acer PD100 projector and have a much shorter life span. Generic lamps have many problems and will make you lose money in the long run.
6 reasons to buy authentic:
- OEM projector lamps have a longer life than generics
- knock off projector lamps are created with toxic materials and pose a health threat
- authentic lamps are safer and less likely to explode
- copycat lamps can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- authentic lamps come with a money back guarantee as well as tech support.
- your warranty on the Epson projector will be void if you install a generic lamp.
Protect yourself from buying counterfeit lamps.
Step 3: Replacing the projector lamp
Before installation safety steps:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
- These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough. Allow the PD100 to cool for one hour. It should be cool to the touch.
2 Lift the cover off the projector and place it to one side.
3. Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the Acer PD100 projector lamp in place. screw from the cover. Lift the wire handle on the Acer EC.J2101.001 bulb and gently pull the lamp up to remove it.
Don’t throw the old Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury — send it to a local recycling program.
4. Take the new Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp using the wire handle. Avoid touching the bare bulb; the oil on your finger can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image.
5. Tighten the screws on the new Acer EC.J2101.001projector lamp.
6. Put the lid back onto the projector. Tighten the screw holding the lid in place. Plug the AC cables back into the projector. Turn the project on so you can reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Lamp timer
It’s important to always reset the lamp timer after replacing the projector lamp in your Acer PD100 projector. You want the projector to track how many hours the lamp has been used and send out warning messages when the Acer EC.J2101.001 reaches end of life.
To reset the Projector Lamp timer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the MANAGEMENT menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Hour reset option.
- Press the right arrow.
- The lamp will be reset to zero.
- You can set the Eco Mode and Lamp Hours left plus time remaining.
This projector has the option of also just replacing the actual bulb and re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector. Watch our training video to learn more.