Step 1: Buying the right projector lamp
The Internet has been flooded with generic projector lamps stating they are “compatible” with Sharp XG-P20XD projector. However, these projector lamps don’t offer much savings and come with many problems that can affect the life of your projector. Consider the source before purchasing. How to recognize an authentic projector lamp.
Six reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- when you buy copy-cat lamps you get no guarantee or refunds
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Step 2: Know the warning signs
Depending on the usage and maintenance, the Sharp BQC-XGP20X//1 (RLMPF0072CEZZ) projector lamp in the Sharp XG-P20XD projector operates for approximately 1,000 hours. At 900 hours, the projector LAMP REPLACEMENT indicator lights up red. The LAMP icon flashes yellow in the lower-left corner of the picture. If you notice a significant deterioration of the picture and color quality, you can replace it the Sharp BQC-XGP20X//1 projector lamp.
You can see the hours remaining for lamp usage by checking the On-screen Display option found on the Main Menu.
Installing the Sharp BQC-XGP20X//1 projector lamp
- Switch off the power to the Sharp XG-P20XD projector by pressing the Power button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least one hour. If should be cool to the touch. The Sharp XG-P20XD projector uses high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
Turn over the Sharp XG-P20XD projector onto a soft service and loosen the user service screw that holds the projector lamp cover on place. Slide the cover off away from the projector and place it to one side.
Take the new Sharp BQC-XGP20X//1 projector lamp and press it firmly into the lamp cage compartment. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers left on the lamp will burn black holes onto the lamp that appear on screen.
Note: The used Sharp BQC-XGP20X//1 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
Reset the lamp timer and clean the air filters.
To reset the Sharp XG-P20XD projector lamp timer:
While pressing DOWN arrow, RIGHT arrow and ENTER on the projector, press POWER ON on the projector.
To clean the Sharp XG-P20XD air filter
Press the air filter tab and lift open the filter cover away from the projector.
- Grasp the air filter between your fingers and lift it off the filter cover.
- Vacuum the dust off the air filter – DO NOT WASH.
- Put the air filter back on the filter frame.
- Insert the tab on the end of the filter cover into the filter cover opening and press the filter cover into position.
Extend the life of the Sharp BQC-XGP20X//1 projector lamp:
- Chose the “STD” mode to to dim the projector lamp and lower power consumption. This will extend the lamp life by up to 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Every 24 hours, turn off the projector and let it stand for 1 hour
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Sharp XG-P20XD projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Go for a green alternative!
If you are looking for an even more eco-friendly option for your Sharp XG-P20XD projector why no consider replacing only the projector bulb and not the entire projector lamp? You recycle the lamp cage and reduce waste. Our step-by-step video shows you how.