Your ASK Proxima DP-9500 projector uses the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp. The expected projector lamp life is approximately 1,500 hours. The length may vary depending on usage and maintenance.
To find out how much time is left on the lamp you can also check the ABOUT screen found on the MAIN Menu. It will list the number of hours used.
Switching projector lamps
The ASK Proxima DP-9500 projector is equipped with two projector Lamp. You can switch between using one or two lamps. Use one lamp to extend the life of the projector lamp.
To change over Lamp Mode:
1. Press MENU button and ON-SCREEN MENU will appear. Press POINT LEFT/RIGHT buttons to select SETTING and press SELECT button. Setting dialog box appears.
2. Press POINT DOWN button to move a red frame pointer to “Lamp mode”. Set “2 lamps mode” or “1 lamp mode” by pressing POINT LEFT/RIGHT button(s). When Lamp Mode is set from “2 lamps mode” to “1 lamp mode” image becomes little darker. When Lamp Mode is set from “1 lamp mode” to “2 lamps mode” image become brighter gradually.
Step 1: Finding the right projector lamp
There are so many choices on the Internet for a Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp that finding the correct lamp can be overwhelming. Go with authentic OEM lamps and ignore the sites offering generic “compatible” projector lamps even though the prices seems to be a bargain.
This generic lamps are made with counterfeit materials and are prone to explosions, offer poor picture quality and actually have a shorter lamp life than authentic projector lamps. Installing generic lamps into your ASK Proxima C300HB projector will void the warranty leaving you unprotected should any of the sensitive components inside be damaged due to the inferior workings of these lamps. More importantly, these “compatible” lamps are often made with toxic materials such as the carcinogenic Krypton-85.
Protect your investment and your health. Reduce hassles and problems. Buy an authentic ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp.
Step 2: Know when to replace the projector lamp
When the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 needs to be replaced you will see the lamp replace indicator will flash yellow. You may noticed the picture start to dim or the colors appear off.
Look for a change on the lamp indicator;
- Yellow Lamp: Projection Lamp lights normally.
- Dim Lamp: Projection Lamp is turned off.
- Red Lamp: Projection Lamp is nearing its end. When image becomes darker or color becomes unnatural, replace lamp. (LAMP REPLACE indicator lights yellow.)
- X Mark on Lamp: (LAMP REPLACE indicator flashes yellow.) Projection lamp is defective or fails to be turned on. Restart a projector on, and make sure lamp is on. If this mark still appears, replace lamp corresponding with number marked X.
Step 3: Installing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp
Before installing the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp:
- Let the ASK Proxima DP-9500 cool down to avoid burning yourself. It should be cool to the touch.
- Unplug the AC cord.
1. The lamp cover will be found at the back of the ASK Proxima DP-9500 projector. Loosen the two screws holding ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp in place. Remove and place to one side.
2. Loosen the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector Lamp Assembly in place.
3. Grab onto the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp handle and pull the lamp from the projector. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury.
The ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4. Place the new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp into the socket being careful not to touch the bare lamp (this can form black spots on the bulb that will ruin the projected image).
5. Tighten the two screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-004 projector lamp Assembly in place.
6. Put the ASK Proxima DP-9500 cover back in place and tighten the two screws.
7. Put the power cord back into the projector and turn it on. You are now ready to Reset the Lamp Replace Counter.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
It’s important to reset the projector lamp timer of the ASK Proxima DP-9500 in order to properly track lamp life. Failure to reset the timer may result in the projector not knowing when the lamp is finished and shutting down suddenly.
To reset the projector lamp timer:
Be sure to reset Lamp Counter when Lamp Assembly is replaced. When Lamp Replace Counter is reset, LAMP REPLACE indicator stops lighting.
- Turn projector on, press MENU button and ON-SCREEN MENU will appear. Press POINT LEFT/RIGHT button(s) to move a red frame pointer to SETTING Menu icon.
- Press POINT DOWN button to move a red frame pointer to “Lamp counter reset” and then press SELECT button.
- Move arrow to replaced lamp number (Lamp 1 or Lamp 2) and then press SELECT button. Message “Lamp replace counter Reset?” is displayed. Move pointer to [Yes] and then press SELECT button. Move pointer to Lamp counter reset and thenpress SELECT button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears and select [Yes] to reset Lamp Replace Counter. Do not reset Lamp Replace Counter except after Projection lamp is replaced.
- Be sure to replace the procedure for both lamps.
Learn more: Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
The green projector lamp
The ASK Proxima DP-9500 projector has the option of just replacing the actual bulb and re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector.
Watch our training video to learn more.