A yellow blinking light means it’s time to replace the Boxlight CP-11t projector lamp. Let our guide help you switch to a new projector lamp.
When the Boxlight CP10T-930 projector lamp is approaching end of life the LAMP REPLACEMENT lights starts flashing yellow.
You may also notice the image becomes darker or the image color becomes unnatural. Change the projector lamp immediately.
The importance of OEM projector lamps
There are many choices being offered on the Internet and it can be tempting to purchase a generic lamp due to their low prices. However, you get what you pay for and with generics that means a long list of problems that can end up damaging your Boxlight CP-11t projector. Stick to an authentic OEM projector lamp and keep your Boxlight CP-11t projector working at its best.
6 Reasons to avoid generics
- shorter lamp life
- carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- damage optics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Replacing the Boxlight CP10T-930 projector lamp
Before replacing the Boxlight CP10T-930 projector lamp follow these safety tips:
- Disconnect the power cord on the Boxlight CP-11t projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the Boxlight CP-11t projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. These projectors operate using high temperatures and you run the risk of severe burns if you don’t allow it to cool down.
Remove the two screws holding the Boxlight CP10T-930 projector lamp in place.
NOTE: Be sure to recycle the Boxlight CP10T-930 projector lamp as contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle it!
Insert the new CP10T-930 and avoid touching the actual bulb as this can result in black spots from the oil on your hands.
Tighten the two screws on the Boxlight CP10T-930 projector lamp . Place the cover back onto the Boxlight CP-11t projector and tighten the lamps screw. You must now reset the lamp timer.
Once the Boxlight CP10T-930 projector lamp has been replaced, you will need to reset the lamp counter so the Boxlight CP-11t projector can accurately track the number of lamp hours remaining:
- Turn the projector on, and press the MENU button and the ON-SCREEN MENU will appear. Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT buttons to select SETTING and press the SELECT button.
- Another dialog box SETTING MENU will appear.
- Press the POINT DOWN button and a red-arrow icon will appear.
- Move the arrow to Lamp age, and then press the SELECT button. The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” is displayed.
- Select [Yes] to reset the Timer.
When the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer is reset, the LAMP REPLACEMENT indicator stops lighting.
Interested in a green alternative?
This projector has the option of also just replacing the actual bulb to re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector. Watch our training video to learn more.