Follow this step-by-step guide to replace the projector lamp in your Epson PowerLite 740c projector.
Get prepared with the right projector lamp
Your Epson PowerLite 740c projector uses the Epson ELPLP32 projector lamps. The challenging part is finding an authentic merchant you can trust. The Internet has been flooded with copycat manufacturers who create generic imitations. You get what you pay for and it’s usually a number of problems.
6 reasons to avoid counterfeit projector lamps
- toxic materials present on the projector lamp (Krypton-85).
- damaged projector optics (expensive to repair)
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- prone to explosions
- no money back guarantee
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and keep your warranty intact for your Epson PowerLite 740c projector. Look for the seal of approval and buy an authentic Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp. 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Watch for end of life signs
Track the umber of hours left in the by going to the Info menu found on the Main menu. The Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp will last up to 2000 hours if the Brightness setting is on normal. Change the setting to low and get up to 3000 hours.
Watch for these signs as well to let you know the end of life is coming for the Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp:
- The lamp warning light on the projector starts flashing orange. If it turns red and stays red, replace the Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp immediately.
- Imaged becomes dark, colors are off or appear to be deteriorating
- A message saying “Replace the lamp” appears on screen.
Install the new Epson ELPLP32
Installation will take under 10 minutes but before installing the new Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp into the Epson PowerLite 740c projector, be sure to follow these preparation steps:
- Turn power button off and wait for the power light to stop flashing.
- Unplug the power cord from the Epson Powerlite 740c projector.
- The Epson Powerlite 740c should be cool to the touch before you try to change the Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp. This projector operate at a high temperatures so you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow for the cool down period.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Epson PowerLite 740c over and placing on a soft, scratch free surface.
- Press on the tabs located on top of the Epson PowerLite 740c cover. Lift up the lamp cover.
- Using the screw driver provided with the Epson PowerLite 740c projector, loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp in place.
Pressing on the indents on the sides of the Epson ELPLP32, pull the projector lamp gently up out of the Epson PowerLite 740c projector. Take care not to bang the actual lamp or it may break. Learn how to do a proper clean up if the lamp breaks or explodes.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps and be good to the environment.
- Gently place the new Epson ELPLP32 lamp into the Epson PowerLite 740c making sure not to touch the actual bulb. The oil on6your fingers will leave a burn mark on the lamp once it heats up and this can cause black out spots on the screen.
- Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP32 lamp.
- Slide the air filter out and remove it immediately. Slide in the new filter that came with the Epson ELPLP32 lamp. Replace the lamp cover.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer in the Epson PowerLite 740c
Your Epson PowerLite 740c has a built-in timer to track the life of the Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp. So, it’s very important that you reset the lamp timer every time you replace the Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp.
- Press the MENU button on either the remote control on the projector’s control panel.
- Scroll down to the RESET option.
- Press Enter. The RESET ALL screen will appear.
- Scroll down to LAMP-HOURS RESET.
- Press ENTER to open up the confirmation screen
- Highlight YES.
- Press ENTER.
- Press ESC or MENU to exit this option.
Congratulations! You’ve just installed at new Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp in your Epson PowerLite 740c.
Tips for a longer lasting Epson ELPLP32 projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson Powerlite 740c projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life