Is your projector compatible with the Canon LV-LP17 projector lamp? Scroll down to see if your projector is listed.
Buy an authentic projector lamp
It’s always best to use an authentic Canon LV-LP917 projector lamp. Generics can damage your Optoma projector.
6 reasons to buy authentic and avoid generics
- an OEM projector lamp has a longer life
- a knock off projector lamp is created with toxic materials that pose a health threat
- an authentic projector lamp is safer and less likely to explode
- a copycat projector lamp can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- generics don’t come with a guarantee or tech support. Getting a refund can be a hassle.
- your warranty on the Canon projector will be void if you install a generic projector lamp.
Protect yourself from buying counterfeit lamps.
Compatible projectors with the Canon LV-LP17 projector lamp
The Canon LV-LP917 projector lamp is compatible with the following Cannon projectors:
For step-by-step instructions on replacing your Canon LV-LP917 projector lamp, click on your projector listed below:
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the Canon LV-LP917 projector lamp for the Canon LV-7555 projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the Canon LV-LP917 projector lamp for the Canon LV-7555U projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the Canon LV-LP917 projector lamp for the Canon LV-7555E projector.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to change the Canon LV-LP917 projector lamp for the Canon LV-7555FU projector.
Tips for longer projector lamp life:
- Avoid frequent on and offs to avoid power surges.
- Don’t let the projector overheat as this puts stress on the lamp. Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Let the projector stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Keep the air filters clean and free of dust so it can do its job and keep the projector lamp for overheating.
- Using “Eco mode” or “Lamp Economy Mode” reduces lamp brightness by 20% while extending the lamp life by 50%.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending projector lamp life.
Replace just the bulb
If you would like to save some money try replacing only the Canon LV-LP17 bare lamp rather than the entire lamp unit. You recycle the plastic cage and reduce waste. Watch our Canon LV-LP17 replacement video to learn how.