Tracking projector lamp life
The Acer XD1270D projector has two different settings that can extend lamp life. Using the Standard mode expect the Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp will last. Using the Eco mode extends the lamp life to 3000 hours. Turn Eco Mode and track the lamp life using the Management/ Lamp Hour Relapse menu
End of life warning signs
Watch for the warning message: Lamp is approaching the end of its useful life in full power operation. Replacement Suggested!” When your Acer XD1270D projector lamp is coming to its end of life, the LAMP indicator will light solid red and automatically shut down. Replace the Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp immediately.
Be prepared with an authentic projector lamp
Your Acer XD1270D projector uses the Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp. Be sure to buy your Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp from an authorized dealer to keep your Acer XD1270D projector working properly. Cheap knock-offs will damage the sensitive optics in your Acer XD1270D projector and have a much shorter life span. These knock off projector lamps are also created with toxic materials that pose a health threat. Authentic OEM are less likely to explode and come with a money-back guarantee as well as keeping your warranty intact. Protect yourself from buying counterfeit lamps.
Replacing the Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp
Before installation follow these important safety steps:
- Turn off the Acer XD1250D projector and unplug the AC cord.
- These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough. Allow the Acer XD1270D to cool for one hour. It should be cool to the touch.
1. Remove the two screws from the cover.
2 Lift the cover off the projector and place it to one side.
3. Remove the two screws holding the Acer XD1270D projector lamp in place. screw from the cover. Lift the wire handle on the Acer EC.J2101.001 bulb and gently pull the lamp up to remove it.
Don’t throw the old Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury — send it to a local recycling program.
4. Take the new Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp using the wire handle. Avoid touching the bare bulb; the oil on your finger can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image. Tighten the screws on the new Acer EC.J2101.001 projector lamp.
Put the lid back onto the projector. Tighten the screw holding the lid in place. Plug the AC cables back into the projector. Turn the project on so you can reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
It’s important to always reset the lamp timer after replacing the projector lamp in your XD1270D projector. You want the projector to track how many hours the lamp has been used and send out warning messages when the Acer EC.J2101.001 reaches end of life.
To reset the Projector Lamp timer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the MANAGEMENT menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Hour reset option.
- Press the right arrow.
- The lamp will be reset to zero.
- You can set the Eco Mode and Lamp Hours left plus time remaining.
Extending the projector lamp life
- Use the Eco Mode for more lamp hours.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the XD1270D projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
The Acer XD1270D projector has the option of also just replacing the actual bulb and re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector.
Watch our training video to learn more.