Go with authentic!
Keep your Dell 1201MP projector working at its best by avoiding avoid generics. Knock-off lamps are not calibrated properly so they can damage the sensitive optics in your Dell 1201MP projector. These lamps don’t save you money since they have a much shorter life and present a health hazard and are prone to explosions. Copycat manufacturers also offer no guarantee or refunds. There lamps are also a . Save yourself hassles and protect your Dell 1201MP projector from being damaged, buy Dell 310-7522 projector authentic projector lamps!
End of projector lamp warnings
When it’s time to replace the Dell 310-7522 projector lamp the lamp light on the Dell 1201MP control panel turns a solid orange.
Replace the projector lamp immediately when the message “Lamp is approaching the end of its useful life in full power operation. Replacement suggested!” appears on the screen.
At times, when the projector lamp has reached its end of life, it may make a loud popping sound just before burning out. The LCD display will show “Lamp Defective” and remain on until the new projector lamp has been installed.
Replacing the Dell 310-7522 projector lamp
Before replacing the Dell 310-7522 projector lamp be sure to turn the projector off and disconnect from the AC plug. Let the projector cool down for at least 30 minutes. It should be cool to the touch. Don’t attempt to change the lamp when the projector is still hot as there is a good chance you can get severely burned.
- Place the Dell 1201MP on a soft surface and turn in upside down to access the projector lamp cover. Loose the two screws that hold the projector lamp cover in place.
- Loosen the two screws that secure the projector lamp.
- Pull the projector lamp up by its metal handle. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. NOTE: Don’t throw the Dell 310-7522 projector lamp into regular garbage! Since it contains mercury, this lamp must be properly recycled.
- Install the new Dell 310-7522 projector lamp making sure it is properly aligned into the projector.
- Tighten the two screws that secure the Dell 310-7522 projector lamp.
- Replace the projector lamp cover and tighten the two screws.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resettting the projector lamp counter
The Dell 1201MP projector tracks the life of the Dell 310-7522 projector lamp and will trigger the warning signals when it’s time to replace. Each time you replace the Dell 310-7522 projector lamp you must reset the lamp timer to zero. Failure to do so can result in you using the projector past the optimum lamp life and causing the projector lamp to explode.
- To access the Main Menu press the left or right buttons on your projector’s control panel or remote control.
- Scroll over the the Management Menu. Press ENTER to access.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Reset icon. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to choose YES and reset the projector lamp timer.
Tips for extending Dell 310-7522 projector lamp life:
- Choose ECO MODE: Select On to use the projector at the lower power level of 150 Watts, which makes the Dell 1200MP projector operate quieter and with lower light that gives more projector lamp life. Select off to operate at the 300 Watts power level.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Every 24 hours, turn off the projector and let it stand for 1 hour
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Dell 1201MP projector projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Save money and go green
Looking for a green alternative? Try replacing only the projector lamp bulb and re-using the same plastic cage with the Dell 310-7522 projector lamp.
Watch this how to video guide to see more.