End of life warning messages
The Boxlight CP-33T uses the Boxlight CP13T-930 projector lamp. When this projector lamp is approaching end of life the LAMP REPLACEMENT indicator lights red. Change the projector lamp immediately when warning message flash on screen or it the image becomes darker or the color become unnatural.
The importance of OEM projector lamps
Your Boxlight CP-33t projector is a sophisticated machine equipped with high-end optics. In order to keep it operating at its full capacity, you need to use an OEM lamp that is properly calibrated to work with your projector. Generic lamps can be tempting due to their low prices but they can damage the optics in your projectors. These copycat lamps have also have been made with carcinogenic toxic substitutes. As a result generic lamps have shorter lives and are prone to explosions. Protect your investment and purchase an authentic projector lamp.
Replacing the Boxlight CP13T-930 projector lamp
Before replacing the Boxlight CP13T-930 projector lamp follow these safety tips:
- Disconnect the power cord on the Boxlight CP-33t projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the Boxlight CP-33t projector to cool for at least one hour. These projectors operate using high temperatures and you run the risk of severe burns if you don’t allow it to cool down.
- Turn the Boxlight CP-13t projector on its side. Loosen the screw holding the lamp cover in place.
- Remove the two screws holding the Boxlight CP13T-930 projector lamp in place.
- Using the wire handle on the Boxlight CP13T-930 projector lamp and gently remove the lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- NOTE: Be sure to recycle the Boxlight CP13T-930 projector lamp as contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle it!
- Insert the new CP13T-930 and avoid touching the actual bulb as this can result in black spots from the oil on your hands.
- Tighten the two screws on the Boxlight CP13T-930.
- Place the cover back onto the Boxlight CP-33t projector and tighten the lamps screw. You must now reset the lamp timer.
Once the Boxlight CP13T-930 projector lamp has been replaced, you will need to reset the lamp counter so the Boxlight CP-33t projector can accurately track the number of lamp hours remaining:
- Turn the projector on.
- Press the MENU button. The ON-SCREEN MENU will appear.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT buttons to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button. The SETTING MENU appears.
- Press the POINT DOWN button and a red-arrow icon will appear.
- Move the arrow to LAMP AGE. Press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” is displayed.
- Select YES to reset the Timer.
Interested in a green alternative?
The Boxlight CP-33t projector has the option of also just replacing the actual bulb to re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector. Watch our training video to learn more.