Be ready with the right lamp
Look for the seal of approval before buying your Canon LV-LP18-9268A001 projector lamp. Always buy authentic projector lamps in order to keep your Canon LV-7230 projector working at its optimum levels:
6 reasons to avoid generic
- susceptible to explosions
- generics have a shorter life
- no safety guards to protect your eyesight
- generics are created with carcinogenic, toxic substitutes posing a health
- putting a generic into your Canon LV-7230 voids your warranty and any tech support.
Don’t be fooled into buying generic lamps. Learn the 7 ways to avoid them.
When the Canon LV-LP18 projector lamp has reached its end of life the LAMP REPLACE on the projector will light yellow. Replace the lamp immediately when you see this.
Other warning signs may be a dim picture, color that appears washed and a image that is fading.
Replace the Canon LV-LP18 projector lamp
Before changing the projector lamp:
- Let the Canon LV-7230 cool down for at least 45 minutes. This projector operates at an extremely high temperature and you could get badly burned if it’s still hot. Don’t rush it.
- Be sure to unplug the electrical cord so there is no chance the projector could get turned on during the installation. This could damage your projector.
- Loosen the two screws holding the projector lamp cover in place. Place the cover aside.
- Loosen the two screws on the with a screwdriver and pull out the Canon LV-LP18 (9268A001) lamp assembly by using the built in handle.
- NOTE: The used LV-LP18 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
- Replace the lamp assembly with a new Canon LV-LP18. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave black marks on the lamp.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Put back the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
- Connect the AC power cord to the Canon LV-LP18 and turn on the projector to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer counter
After replacing the Canon LV-LP18 (9268A001) projector lamp, you’ll need to turn off the LAMP REPLACE indicator by resetting the LAMP REPLACE COUNTER. The counter tracks the number of hours the lamp has been used by the Canon LV-7230 and triggers the warning light when the lamp is reaching its end of life. Not resetting it after may stop your projector from turning back on.
- Turn the projector on and press the MENU.
- The On-Screen menu will be displayed on the left.
- Using the arrow buttons, mover the red frame pointer to the SETTING menu icon.
- Press the up/docwn buttons, move to the LAMP COUNTER option.
- Press OK to open up as the RESET LAMP COUNTER box.
- Click on the SET option to open a confirmation window.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” is displayed.
- Click on YES.
- Press OK.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- Learn how to prolong lamp life. Top tips for extending projector lamp life.
If you are looking to do your bit for Mother Nature, why not try re-using the lamp cage and just replacing the bulb? Our training video shows you how to green your projector with step-by-step instructions.