Watch for end of life
Signs that your Boxlight Phoenix S30 projector lamp is reaching its end of life include:,
- the Power LED flashing consecutively five times
- at the same time the Ready LED flashes once.
- image becoming darker
- color becoming unnatural.
Change the OEM Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp lamp immediately when any of these symptoms appear.
Get the right projector lamp
Your Boxlight Phoenix S30 projector uses high-end optics that need to work with an OEM Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp designed to be compatible with those optics. Look for the seal of approval when buying. Counterfeit lamps may look like a bargain but cost you more in the long run. Counterfeit lamps have many problems:
- no safeguards in place to protect your eyesight
- generics have shorter lamp life than originals
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Replacing the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp
Before replacing the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp follow these safety tips:
- Disconnect the power cord on the Phoenix S30 projector
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the Phoenix S30 projector to cool for at least one hour. These projectors operate using high temperatures and you run the risk of severe burns if you don’t allow it to cool down.
- Loosen the two top screw holding the lamp cover in place.
- Open the projector cover.
- Remove the two screws holding the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp in place.
- Using the wire handle on the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp and gently remove the lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- NOTE: Be sure to recycle the projector lamp as contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle it!
- Insert the new Phoenix S25-930 and avoid touching the actual bulb as this can result in black spots from the oil on your hands.
- Tighten the two screws on the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp
- Place the cover back onto the Boxlight Phoenix S30 projector and tighten the lamps screw. You must now reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Boxlight Phoenix S2 lamp counter
Once the PhoenixS25-930 projector lamp has been replaced, you will need to reset the lamp counter so the Phoenix S30 projector can accurately track the number of lamp hours remaining:
- Turn the projector on.
- Press the MENU button. The ON-SCREEN MENU will appear.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT buttons to move across the top menu. Select STATUS.
- Press the POINT DOWN button and scroll down to LAMP HOUR. Press ENTER.
- Lamp hours will be set to zeto.
Extend the life of the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp by always keeping the air filters clean so the projector doesn’t overheat. The Eco modes for the lamp setting uses less power by decreasing lamp brightness and extending lamp life. Read more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamps.
Interested in a green alternative?
With the Phoenix S25 projector you also have the option of just replacing the actual bulb to re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector. Watch our training video to learn more.