Step 1: Buy the right lamp
Always install an authentic projector lamp in your Eiki LC-WB40N to keep it working properly. It uses a Eiki POA-LMP111 projector lamp. Avoid generics for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Go with original OEM projector lamps and save yourself hassles.
Step 2: Recognize end of life warnings
The Lamp Management Function detects the status of the projector lamps and triggers the Lamp Replace Indicator to start blinking yellow.
Other indicators of an Eiki POA-LMP111 projector lamp needing a replacement include faded images on screen, distorted colors and a general decline on the overall picture. Change the Eiki POA-LMP111 projector lamp immediately whenever any of these symptoms start appearing.
Step 3: Replacing the Eiki POA-LMP111 lamp
Follow these important safety steps before replacing the Eiki POA-LMP111 projector lamp:
- The Eiki LC-WB40N projector operates under very high temperatures. Let it cool for one full hour before attempting to replace the lamp in order to avoid being burned.
- Turn off the projector by pressing the power button. Wait for the light to stop flashing.
- Turn off the power switch at the back on the projector
- Unplug any power cords.
- Loosen the screw on Eiki LC-WB40N Lamp Cover and remove Lamp Cover.
- Loosen the 2 screws holding the POA-LMP111 projector lamp in place. Using the two handles on either side of the projector lamp and gently lift it out of the projector. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- NOTE: The Eiki POA-LMP111 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t place it into regular garbage.
- Place a new projector lamp into the Eiki LC-WB40N making sure not to touch the actual bulb. Finger prints on the bulb will be burned into the glass when the projector heats up.
- Tighten the 2 screws on the new lamp
- Replace Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
- Connect AC Power Cord to a projector and turn projector on.
- Reset Lamp Replacement Counter.
Reset Eiki LC-WB40N lamp counter
Your Eiki LC-WB40NA projector has a built in lamp counter to determine when the projector lamp should be replaced. It needs to be reset every time you replace the Eiki POA-LMP111 projector lamps. When the Lamp Replace Counter is reset, the LAMP REPLACE indicator stops lighting.
- Turn projector on, press MENU button and ON-SCREEN MENU will appear.
- Press POINT LEFT/RIGHT button(s) to move the red frame pointer to SETTING Menu icon. Press POINT DOWN button to move a red frame pointer to “Lamp counter reset.”
- Press SELECT button.
- Move arrow to select either Lamp 1 or Lamp 2. Press SELECT button.
- Message “Lamp replace counter Reset?” is displayed.
- Move pointer to YES and then press SELECT button.
- NOTE: Be sure to reset correct lamp number otherwise LAMP REPLACE indicator continues lighting.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears and select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
- Do not reset Lamp Replace Counter except after Projection lamp is replaced.
Extend the life projector lamp life
Get more hours from your Eiki POA-LMP111 projector lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Eiki LC-WB40NA projector and let it stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
- Press the MENU button to exit.