Start off on the right foot with an authentic lamp
The only replacement projector lamp that will keep your projector working is the Hitachi DT00841 (CPX401) bought from an OEM manufacturer.
While knock-off lamps appear to be a bargain, they will actually end up costing you more money due to their various problems::
- shorter life than original lamps
- prone to explosions that can damage your projector
- created with toxic substitute parts that are a health hazard
- usually missing the proper safeguards to protect your eyesight from damage
- no calibrated properly so damage the sensitive optics in your Hitachi CP-X417 projector
Tracking the projector lamp life
]Watch for these signs that indicated the projector lamp is reaching its end of life:
- Both the Hitachi CP-X417WF Power and Lamp Indicators are flashing red while the Temp Indicator is turned off.
- Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out.
- Picture has poor color quality.
Installing the Hitachi DT00841 (CPX401 projector lamp
Safety steps before installing the Hitachi DT00841 (CPX401):
- Turn off the Hitachi CP-X417WF projector .
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. It should be cool to the touch. This projector works using high heat and there is danger you can be burned.
- NOTE: If the projector is mounted on the ceiling, don’t stand underneath the projector while opening the cover.
- Prepare the new Hitachi CP-X417WF projector lamp. If the projector is mounted on a ceiling, or if the lamp has broken, contact your dealer for assistance.
- Loosen the screw (marked by arrow) of the lamp cover and then slide the lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the 2 screws (marked by arrow) of the projector lamp, and slowly pick up the lamp by the handles. Be careful not the bang the lamp. The Hitachi DT00841 projector lamp contains mercury and must be recycled properly. Do not throw it in regular garbage.
- Insert the new lamp, taking care not to touch the actual bulb. Oil in your fingers will cause a dark spot on the lamp when it heats up.
- Tighten the two screws of the Hitachi DT00841 projector lamp that were loosened to remove the old projector lamp.
- Slide the lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the screw of the lamp cover.
- Turn on the projector and set the lamp timer:
To reset the projector lamp timer:
Note: Reset the projector lamp time only when you have replaced the lamp so the Hitachi CP-X417WF projector can properly track the lamp life. Otherwise you run the risk of using the lamp beyond its lamp life.
- Press the MENU button
- Scroll down to the GO TO ADVANCED MENU option. Press ENTER
- Scroll down to the OPTION menu in the left column and press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME. Press ENTER To make a dialogue field appear
- Scroll up to the RESET option on the dialogue box.
- The lamp setting will be set to zero.
Replacing the air filters
Get more hours from your Hitachi DT00841 by keeping your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Pull the filter frame’s knob up while holding the filter cover. The filter frame will come off and the air filter will appear.
- Take out the old air filter and insert the new air filter.
- Put the filter frame back.
- Put the filter unit back into the projector
- Turn the projector on and reset the filter time using the FILTER TIME item in the EASY MENU.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Green your projector
Recycle your lamp housing by only replacing the Hitachi CP-X417WF lamp. Our training video shows you how to do it. It’s easy!