Step 1: When to replace
When the Epson EB-S10 projector lamp is reaching end of life you’ll notice the following warning signs:
- projector lamp indicator will flash orange and continue flashing until the projector lamp has been changed.
- The message Replace the lamp appears on the screen.
- on-screen image on screen gets darker
- colors start to deteriorate altogether.
Check the hours left on the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp from the INFO Menu access off the Main Menu. With power consumption set to NORMAL the Epson EB-S10 projector lamp can last for close to 4,000 hours. With power consumption set to ECO, you’ll get up to 5,000 hours.
Step 2: Invest in authentic
When buying a replacement projector lamp look for the seal of approval. Generic lamps may appear to be a bargain but actually cost more money due to their shorter life. They are also prone to explosions and pose a health hazard due to their toxic substitute parts. Without no safety guards in place, generics can also damage your eyesight as well as the sensitive optics in your Epson EB-S10 projector. Go with authentic!
Step 3: Installing the =projector lamp
Before replacing the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp follow these important safety rules:
- Unplug the power cord on the Epson EB-S10 projector.
- Let it cool. This projector operates using high temperature. Wait at least 60 minutes so you don’t get burned.
- Never touch the bare projector lamp bulb as the oil from your fingers will burn black marks onto the projector lamp when it heats up.
- Never operate the Epson EB-S10 projector with the projector lamp removed.
Remove the projector lamp cover screws and place to one side. Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp in place (you can’t remove them). Gently lift out the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp taking care not to bang it against the projector.
NOTE: The LPLP58 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp!
Gently insert the new Epson LPLP58 projector lamp. Make sure it fits into the Epson EB-S10 projector properly. (Check that it’s facing the right way.) Tighten the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp. You can know reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
After you replace the lamp, you need to reset the Epson EB-S10 projector lamp timer using the projector’s menu system.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control or on the projector’s control panel. You see the main menu.
- Select the RESET menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to select RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt filed appears asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Select YES. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Longer life for the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp
Extend the life of the Epson ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp with the following tips:
- Set the Power Consumption to ECO option.
- Clean the air filters regularly so the Epson EB-S10 projector doesn’t overheat.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector.
- Turn it off when it’s not in use.
- Learn more: Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.