Buy the right projector lamp
Your Boxlight Phoenix X30 projector has been built with high-end optics that needs a proper lamp built specifically for it. An OEM Phoenix S25-930 Projector lamp has created with highly specialized materials and calibrated to the Boxlight Phoenix X30 projector. When you install a generic you are getting a product that can damage the optics in your projectors as well as exposing you to carcinogenic toxic substitutes. Generic lamps also have shorter lives and are prone to explosions. Protect your investment and purchase an authentic projector lamp.
When the Boxlight Phoenix X30 projector lamp is reaching its end of life, the Power LED starts flashing consecutively five times, At the same time, the Ready LED will flash. When you see this sequence of flashing lights, replace the Boxlight Phoenix X30 projector at once. Other symptoms of end of projector lamp life are darker images and unnatural colors. Change the projector lamp immediately when any of these symptoms happen.
Replacing the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp
Before replacing the Phoenix S25-930 follow these safety tips:
- Disconnect the power cord on the Phoenix X30 projector
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the Phoenix X30 projector to cool for at least one hour. These projectors operate using high temperatures and you run the risk of severe burns if you don’t allow it to cool down.
- Loosen the two top screw holding the lamp cover in place.
- Open the projector cover.
- Remove the two screws holding the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp in place.
- Using the wire handle on the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp and gently remove the lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- NOTE: Be sure to recycle the projector lamp as contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle it!
- Insert the new Phoenix S25-930 and avoid touching the actual bulb as this can result in black spots from the oil on your hands.
- Tighten the two screws on the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp
- Place the cover back onto the Boxlight Phoenix X30 projector and tighten the lamps screw. You must now reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Boxlight Phoenix X30 lamp counter
Once the PhoenixS25-930 projector lamp has been replaced, you will need to reset the lamp counter so the Phoenix X30 projector can accurately track the number of lamp hours remaining:
- Turn the projector on.
- Press the MENU button. The ON-SCREEN MENU will appear.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT buttons to move across the top menu. Select STATUS.
- Press the POINT DOWN button and scroll down to LAMP HOUR. Press ENTER.
- Lamp hours will be set to zeto.
Extend the life of the Phoenix S25-930 projector lamp by always keeping the air filters clean so the projector doesn’t overheat. The Eco modes for the lamp setting uses less power by decreasing lamp brightness and extending lamp life. Read more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamps.
Interested in a green alternative?
With the Phoenix X30 projector you also have the option of just replacing the actual bulb to re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector. Watch our training video to learn more.