Step 1: Recognizing the end of life warning signs
The Epson EB-X92 projector lamp can last for close to 4,000 hours with power consumption set to NORMAL and up to 5,000 hours if the ECO option is used. n order to maintain projector brightness and image quality, replace with a new Epson LPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp as soon as possible. When the Epson EB-X92 projector lamp is reaching end of life you’ll notice the following warning signs:
- projector lamp indicator will flash orange and continue flashing until the projector lamp has been changed.
- The message Replace the lamp appears on the screen.
- on-screen image on screen gets darker
- colors start to deteriorate altogether.
Check the hours left on the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp from the INFO Menu access off the Main Menu.
Step 2: Avoid generics, invest in authentic
When buying look for the seal of approval. Learn to spot copycat lamps posing as authentic lamps. While these generic lamps appear to be a bargain, they will actually end up costing you more money in the long run for the following rules:
- generic have a shorter life
- prone to explosions
- created with toxic substitute parts they pose a significant health hazard
- damage the sensitive optics in your Epson EB-X92 projector.
Step 3: Installing the new projector lamp
Before replacing the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp follow these important safety rules:
- Always unplug the power cord on the Epson EB-X92 projector before replacing the projector lamp.
- This projector operates using high temperature. Wait at least 60 minutes before replacing the lamp so you don’t run the risk of getting burned.
- Never touch the bare projector lamp bulb as the oil from your fingers will burn black marks onto the projector lamp when it heats up.
- Never operate the Epson EB-X92 projector with the projector lamp removed.
Gently lift out the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp taking care not to bang it against the projector.
NOTE: The LPLP58 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp! Gently insert the new Epson LPLP58 projector lamp. Make sure it fits into the Epson EB-X9 projector properly. (Check that it’s facing the right way.) Tighten the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp. You can know reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
- Press the MENU button on the remote control or on the projector’s control panel. You see the main menu.
- Select the RESET menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to select RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt filed appears asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Select YES. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Longer life for the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp
Extend the life of the Epson ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp with the following tips:
- Set the Power Consumption to ECO option.
- Clean the air filters regularly so the Epson EB-X92 projector doesn’t overheat.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector.
- Turn it off when it’s not in use.
- Learn more: Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.