Don’t stress over replacing the Epson EB-S92 projector lamp. This easy to follow instructional guide shows you how.
Invest in authentic to protect your investement
You’ve spent some hard earned cash purchasing your Epson EB-S92 projector and you want to keep it working at its best. That means investing in an authentic Epson EB-S92 projector lamp. Despite their tempting price tags, the cheaper generic projector lamps aren’t worth in in the end since they bring so many problems to your projector including:
- generic have a shorter life
- prone to explosions
- created with toxic substitute parts they pose a significant health hazard
- damage the sensitive optics
- no safety guards in place to protect your eyesight
End of warning signs
When the Epson EB-S92 projector lamp uses Epson ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp from a recognized OEM dealer for your Epson EB-S92 projector. When buying lis reaching end of life the projector lamp indicator will flash orange and continue flashing until the projector lamp has been changed.
The message Replace the lamp also appears on the screen. You may also the image on screen gets darker or starts deteriorate altogether. In order to maintain projector brightness and image quality, replace with a new Epson LPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp as soon as possible.
The Epson EB-S92 projector lamp can last for close to 4,000 hours when the power consumption is set to NORMAL and up to 5,000 hours if the ECO option is used. You can check the hours left on the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp from the INFO Menu access off the Main Menu.
Installing a new ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp
Before replacing the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp follow these important safety rules:
- Always unplug the power cord on the Epson EB-S92 projector before replacing the projector lamp.
- This projector operates using high temperature. Wait at least 60 minutes before replacing the lamp so you don’t run the risk of getting burned.
- Never touch the bare projector lamp bulb as the oil from your fingers will burn black marks onto the projector lamp when it heats up.
- Never operate the Epson EB-S92 projector with the projector lamp removed.
Remove the projector lamp cover screws and place to one side.
Gently lift out the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp taking care not to bang it against the projector.
NOTE: The LPLP58 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp!
You can now reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
After you replace the lamp, you need to reset the Epson EB-S92 projector lamp timer using the projector’s menu system.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control or on the projector’s control panel. You see the main menu.
- Select the RESET menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to select RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt filed appears asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Select YES. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Longer life for the ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp
Extend the life of the Epson ELPLP58 (V13H010L58) projector lamp with the following tips:
- Set the Power Consumption to ECO option.
- Clean the air filters regularly so the Epson EB-S92 projector doesn’t overheat.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector.
- Turn it off when it’s not in use.
- Learn more: Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.