End of life
The projector will detect the lamp life for the Acer X1130P projector lamp and show the warning message: Lamp is approaching the end of its useful life in full power operation. Replacement Suggested!”
Be prepared with an authentic projector lamp
Stay away from copycat counterfeits lamps. In order to keep working properly your Acer X1130P needs an authentic lamp. Unlike counterfeit lamps, an authentic Acer X1130P projector lamp will NOT damage the sensitive optics in the projector and is less likely to explode. Knock offs are also created with toxic materials that pose a health threat. Authentic lamps are safer and come with a money-back guarantee as well as keeping your warranty intact. Stop buying counterfeit lamps and go authentic!
Replacing the Acer X1130P projector lamp
The Acer X1130P projector uses the Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp. Before installation follow these important safety steps:
- Turn off the Acer X1130P projector and unplug the AC cord.
- These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough. Allow the Acer X1130 to cool for one hour. It should be cool to the touch.
1. Remove the two screws from the cover. Lift the cover off the projector and place it to one side.
2. Remove the two screws holding the Acer X1130P projector lamp in place. screw from the cover.
3. Lift the wire handle on the Acer EC.J9000.001 bulb and gently pull the lamp up to remove it.
Don’t throw the old Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury — send it to a local recycling program.
4. Take the new Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp projector lamp using the wire handle. Avoid touching the bare bulb; the oil on your finger can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image. Tighten the screws on the new Acer EC.J9000.001 projector lamp.
Put the lid back onto the projector. Tighten the screw holding the lid in place. Plug the AC cables back into the projector. Turn the project on so you can reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
It’s important to always reset the lamp timer after replacing the projector lamp in your Acer X1130P projector. You want the projector to track how many hours the lamp has been used and send out warning messages when the Acer EC.J9000.001 reaches end of life.
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the MANAGEMENT menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Hour reset option.
- Press the right arrow.
- The lamp will be reset to zero.
Extending the projector lamp life
- Use the Eco Mode for more lamp hours.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Acer X1130P projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
A green alternative
The Acer X1130P projector has the option of also just replacing the actual bulb and re-use the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector.
Watch our training video to learn more.