You can expect up to 2100 hours (up to 3100 hours in Eco mode) your Dukane ImagePro 8070 projector lamp. Don’t leave replacing the projector lamp to the last minutes or you may have a projector that will not turn on. Be sure to replace the lamp when you see the message “The lamp has reached the end of its usable life. Please replace the lamp.” It may also be time to replace the projector lamp is you notice the colors on screen have faded or become distorted.
If you have waited too long and the Dukane ImagePro 8070 goes into standby mode, press the HELP button on the remote control for 10 seconds to reset the lamp timer to zero. Replace the projector lamp immediately. Don’t wait until the last minute and have a Dukane ImagePro 8070 projector lamp on hand.
Reduce stress by going with authentic
It can be confusing finding the correct projector lamp for your Dukane ImagePro 8070 projector. There are hundreds of website selling projector lamps but most of these lamps are knock-off generic lamps that you should avoid at all costs.They are actually not that great a bargain and should be avoided for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds – you’re on your own to get a refund from the company when you buy from a reseller.
Replacing the projector lamp
The Dukane ImagePro 8070 projector uses the Dukane 456-8767A projector lamp. Before installing a new projector lamp do the following safety steps:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. It should be cool to the touch.
Use a Philips screwdriver to push and release the tab. Push up and remove the lamp cover. NOTE: There is an interlock on this case to prevent the risk of electrical shock. Do not attempt to circumvent this interlock.
Loosen the two screws securing the Dukane 456-8767A projector lamp. The screws are not removable so will start start freewheeling. Remove the lamp by grabbing onto the indents on the lamp and pulling up.
Never force the lamp out; pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Gently put in a new Dukane 456-8767A projector lamp and tighten the two screws to hold the lamp in place. Make sure the screws are secure as a loose screw can cause a bad connection while a over tightened screw may cause the lamp to notwork.
Replace the lamp cover on the projector.
Slip the lamp cover back until it snaps into place.
Restart the projector to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
It’s important to set the lamp timer so the Dukane ImagePro 8070 can accurately track the life of the newly installed Dukane 456-8767A projector lamp.
To reset the lamp timer go to the Dukane ImagePro 8070 Default Menu. Scroll down to Clear Lamp Hour Meter to reset the lamp timer.
Extend the life of the Dukane 456-8767A projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Setting Lamp Power to Economic Mode.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.