Know when to replace
Watch for the following signs that indicate it’s time for you to install a replacement projector lamp in the Epson PowerLite 825+:
- The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- The message Replace the lamp appears on the screen and the warning light flashes orange.
- If the warning light is flashing red then the projector lamp has burnt out and the projector will shut down. Replace the lamp immediately!
Invest in authentic replacements
Keep your Epson PowerLite 825+ working at its best optimum levels and purchase OEM authentic projector lamps. You’ll recognize them by their seal of approval. The bargain prices for generic lamps can be tempting but in the end they cause more problems then they are worth.
Reasons to avoid to generics:
- generics can damage the sensitive electronics in your projector.
- they have a shorter lamp life
- often prone to explosions
- generics are missing protective guards and can damage your eyesight
- are created with a carcinogenic materials
Protect yourself from buying counterfeit lamps. Read the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Installing the replacement projector lamp
The Epson PowerLite 825+ uses the Epson ELPLP50 V13H010L50 projector lamp.
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Turn off power switch on Epson PowerLite 825+ projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Before changing the projector lamp, allow the Epson PowerLite 825+ projector to cool down. It should be cool to the touch before you open it to change the projector lamp. Otherwise you run the risk of burning yourself.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the actual bulb with your fingers since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
Slide the projector lamp cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP50 V13H010L50 projector lamp in place.
Gently insert the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp making sure it’s facing the right way. Push down on the side marked PUSH until it snaps into place. Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the Epson PowerLite 825+ projector lamp cover. You are now ready to reset the projector lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite 825+ projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to RESET LAMP HOURS?
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 825+ projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.